Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 12th 2013 new
I would prefer a phone chat. I do not think you get to know the other person via texting. The phone chat is more personal and gives you a sense about that person.
Sep 12th 2013 new
Phone chat. If too expensive, skype, YM video chat, facetime are good. ;)
I am not really into the video chatting especially if i am not comfortable with the other party yet but if that is the easiest way to see the other person because of distance, then i am open to it. biggrin
Sep 12th 2013 new
Definitely---Phone over text. Though I agree with Jon, that texting has it's place and is like a nice quick peck on the cheek or squeeze of the hand.
Sep 12th 2013 new
My adult children are big texters. So I do text quite often. However, I prefer talking on the phone or skyping. Text chatting, like looking at pictures, is so one dimensional. You can get a better sense of a person's mannerisms, their emotions and hear their voice.
Sep 12th 2013 new
Definitely phone chat. Texts are good for quick "hello's", but I find that a lot gets lost in translation when trying to have a conversation via text.
Sep 12th 2013 new
Both have their place, but to start I'd prefer a phone chat. After that, phone for discussions and text for quick contacts or questions.
Sep 13th 2013 new
I would prefer the phone. This way you can hear the person's voice. Texts are good too but come second to chatting on the phone.
Sep 13th 2013 new
With my friends I find I text tons, mainly because the day is too crazy & often too much noise around to chat. But when getting to know someone, I prefer phone when I can...it's nice to hear a voice. But agree, love text for little pick me ups!
Sep 13th 2013 new
Phone is the ONLY way to go. Then meet as soon as possible after the first conversation.
Sep 13th 2013 new
Telephone for sure
Posts 11 - 20 of 56