Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 13th 2013 new
I would say phone then may be Skype if the person lives long-distance. The sound of the voice and how you and he/she relate to each other can make the world of difference.
Sep 13th 2013 new
I text a lot for an old guy, but in the CM context, I prefer to talk (actually talk, not type & call it talking) There's not really a substitute for actually talking to someone you're trying to get to know. And hearing someone laugh if you say something funny is a lot more fun than reading a text with "lol" stuck in the middle. Bottom line for me, it's much more personal, and that's kind of the point, isn't it?
Sep 13th 2013 new
Phone chat as much as possible.find it's better to hear the person's voice, However, text chat is useful when you can't answer right away.
Sep 13th 2013 new
(quote) John-996681 said: And hearing someone laugh if you say something funny is a lot more fun than reading a text with "lol" stuck in the middle. 
"LOL" in a text....are they really laughing?? At least 50% of the time, I'm sure they're not.
Sep 13th 2013 new
embarassed Definitely chatting on the phone! I also like to Skype if we can! wave Oh how I wish airfare was cheaper !
Sep 13th 2013 new
Interesting question. I like to stick to messages like on here on in email for a while. Text messages and instant messages are good for something quick and I've even talked to some on facebook. But written words can lead to a lot of problems. You can't hear the attitude behind the comments. Something might be easily taken the wrong way. I don't like talking on the phone because to me, it means someone has entered the inner circle of trust. lol Thats scary! I feel much safer behind my monitor! Its true! But I know you have to eventually trust someone enough to let them in the inner circle and get to know the real you. If not, then what are we doing here? Phone calls are certainly the way to go for that kind of communication.
Skype seems like a good idea but its kinda creepy to me or maybe I'm just too paranoid for that. No.. I do not have duct tape across my laptop camera! Thats just your imagination. tongue
Sep 13th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-976718 said: .......Skype seems like a good idea but its kinda creepy to me or maybe I'm just too paranoid for that. No.. I do not have duct tape across my laptop camera! Thats just your imagination.
: laughing laughing laughing after watching so many shows, we may never really know.... Tho in a way, I like Person of Interest!
Sep 13th 2013 new
I would like to talk on the phone..texting and e mail really are not very personal and its hard to know how a person feels .
Sep 13th 2013 new
Since i do so much writing, i guess that internet chatting of any type works best for me and although i wouldn't mind doing the verbal-type with a phone or skype, my home has parrot noise throughout it anytime i'm on the phone since they're so social, so it may be that "he" would prefer the texting or e-mailing chat version of communication.
Sep 13th 2013 new
Phone-to much can be misinterpreted by texting.
Posts 21 - 30 of 56