Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 15th 2013 new
Locally, I'd go for phone chat..Internationally, Skype videocall and messaging is the best option. As for texting, I've always been a lazy texter. shhh tongue
Sep 15th 2013 new
Right now, I am more into texting than phone. You can't stop a word once you've spoken, but a text lets you have a little time to think.
smile :
Sep 15th 2013 new
During my busy day while at work - a quick text is nice. Later a phone call to get to know the person works for me.
Sep 16th 2013 new
Phone.

I talk to lot's of people on the phone. Since that is the case, a gentleman who wants to get to know me (ie date me) had better have a plan for a date or he will get lost in among all my other phone calls (which are also important.)

I tend to not make things out to be something they aren't. A man who only talks on the phone is all talk. I watch his feet, not his words. I love words, but the man who relies only on them is not serious about me. A man who relies on text is hiding something (usually a good portion of his life because it is too inconvenient for him to directly approach me) or wants to divide his attention between me and something else that is more important to him. I don't text chat! (That's an entirely different thing than just sending a greeting or well-wish to his lady love. which is sweet and thoughtful.)
Sep 16th 2013 new
(quote) Darrell-1007754 said: but a text lets you have a little time to think.
:
Unless, you already hit "send". It happens and then whooops!
Sep 16th 2013 new
John When I write LOL I am always LOL . .. LOL .. Like now.. LOL But I Laugh a lot. I love talking so I Love the phone... LOL and I am LOL .LOL bu I think Texting is handy for quick notes ESP. If You know you can't talk but a quick note is possible.. GBU all!!!
Sep 16th 2013 new
(quote) Donna-521814 said: John When I write LOL I am always LOL . .. LOL .. Like now.. LOL But I Laugh a lot. I love talking so I Love the phone... LOL and I am LOL .LOL bu I think Texting is handy for quick notes ESP. If You know you can't talk but a quick note is possible.. GBU all!!!
So do I on the LOL. My daughter did not know I was near and sent her a text that would make her laugh. She sent me the "LOL" and there was NO expression on her face.
Sep 16th 2013 new
Don't like chat or texting. Phone is ok.
Sep 18th 2013 new
Telephone for sure.
Sep 18th 2013 new
(quote) Dawn-58330 said: Phone.

I talk to lot's of people on the phone. Since that is the case, a gentleman who wants to get to know me (ie date me) had better have a plan for a date or he will get lost in among all my other phone calls (which are also important.)

I tend to not make things out to be something they aren't. A man who only talks on the phone is all talk. I watch his feet, not his words. I love words, but the man who relies only on them is not serious about me. A man who relies on text is hiding something (usually a good portion of his life because it is too inconvenient for him to directly approach me) or wants to divide his attention between me and something else that is more important to him. I don't text chat! (That's an entirely different thing than just sending a greeting or well-wish to his lady love. which is sweet and thoughtful.)
All of this is so right on; and GENERALLY SPEAKING true. It's important to give it just enough time to make sure that something with exception is not going on. When in doubt, ask!

Well said Dawn.
Posts 41 - 50 of 56