Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 18th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: : after watching so many shows, we may never really know.... Tho in a way, I like Person of Interest!
I also watch person of interest-
I borrowed my father's lawn mower and when I pulled
to the back of his driveway I was
startled that there was a game camera pointed at me!
I think I need one at my house too!
(OK maybe this is an unusual concept- a game camera is made
to place in the woods and to see what comes by- usually placed
facing a food or mineral source- saltbock or deercocaine- many
people in th e countryside have them pointed at their home or storage buildings)
Sep 18th 2013 new
(quote) Maria-963080 said: I would prefer a phone chat. I do not think you get to know the other person via texting. The phone chat is more personal and gives you a sense about that person.
absolutely right. establish the interest, then talk, for criminy sakes. use *67 to mask your number if it makes you feel better. but, enough of the coy game playing...or don't whine about no one contacting or wanting to engage you in conversation.

step away frommthe keyboard, pick up the phone, and connect a human voice to the text messages.
Sep 18th 2013 new
(quote) Bryan-7889 said: absolutely right. establish the interest, then talk, for criminy sakes. use *67 to mask your number if it makes you feel better. but, enough of the coy game playing...or don't whine about no one contacting or wanting to engage you in conversation.

step away frommthe keyboard, pick up the phone, and connect a human voice to the text messages.
Thank you, Bryan, for putting it right out there!! faint angel
Sep 19th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-824866 said: With my friends I find I text tons, mainly because the day is too crazy & often too much noise around to chat. But when getting to know someone, I prefer phone when I can...it's nice to hear a voice. But agree, love text for little pick me ups!
Yes! Well said! It is nice to receive short texts offering encouragement or just letting you know that someone is thinking about you! F2F is ideal of course; ain't nothing like a real smile and a hug! The next best is Skype.
Sep 20th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: All of this is so right on; and GENERALLY SPEAKING true. It's important to give it just enough time to make sure that something with exception is not going on. When in doubt, ask!

Well said Dawn.
Thank you, John. rose
Sep 20th 2013 new
I'm okay with texts asking how I'm doing at work or if I'm free for a call, but I would much rather hear someone's voice!
After that, then I would definitely prefer a face-to-face. Too often have I had someone want to talk to me only for it to be kept as a text/chat meeting. If you want to get to know me, ask to meet me! If you don't want to meet me...why are we talking? That's how I see it. It's really nice to have someone take you as a person seriously enough to want to meet you. If it doesn't go beyond that, then we're just acquaintances, and I don't really see anything going past that.
Posts 51 - 56 of 56