Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 13th 2013 new
(quote) Joanne-846477 said: It made me double check my profile...
A very good reason to post a topic like this: it will cause some people to stop, think, and check whether they need to correct a problem. Other advantages are that the message will be seen by many more people than a person sending messages to individuals and it may prevent some from making the mistake in the first place.

Is it the only way to deal with the issue? No. Will it get through to every offender? No. (But then what approach will? Even sending a direct private message may not do the trick.)

Sep 13th 2013 new
(quote) David-364112 said: I say we should all just mind our own business.
Actually, it is very much our business if we see a brother or sister in Christ on a path that might threaten their salvation to make them aware of the concern rather than to ignore it because they -- or, in cases such as this, an uninvolved third party - might be offended.

I'd say you might consider reflecting on the spiritual works of mercy, especially instructing the ignorant and counseling the doubtful, and the ways of being an accessory to the sins of another, especially by silence, by defense of evil done, and by praise.


Sep 14th 2013 new
clap clap clap

If the photo is really inappropriate (and there have been some) you can send the person a gentle note expressing your concerns that he/she will attract the wrong kind of attention. Or you can just report it to Admin.

Otherwise, live and let live.
Sep 14th 2013 new
That's part of the problem in making generalizations: there are few real yardsticks by which to measure "revealing".

Offhand I remember a gal who posted a picture of her "tramp stamp" tattoo, which I thought was going a bit too far (I reported it to Admin) but otherwise, I seldom see anything I think is inappropriate.
Sep 14th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Actually, it is very much our business if we see a brother or sister in Christ on a path that might threaten their salvation to make them aware of the concern rather than to ignore it because they -- or, in cases such as this, an uninvolved third party - might be offended.

I'd say you might consider reflecting on the spiritual works of mercy, especially instructing the ignorant and counseling the doubtful, and the ways of being an accessory to the sins of another, especially by silence, by defense of evil done, and by praise.


We have to watch the spirit and manner in which we do these things. Motives are crucial. Ask why we're doing it. God is never coercive. Sometimes people have to learn by making mistakes. Pray and set a good example. Speak a few well-selected words at an appropriate moment. That's it. NOBODY likes a pious busy body.
Sep 14th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: That's part of the problem in making generalizations: there are few real yardsticks by which to measure "revealing".

Offhand I remember a gal who posted a picture of her "tramp stamp" tattoo, which I thought was going a bit too far (I reported it to Admin) but otherwise, I seldom see anything I think is inappropriate.
Live and let live. How did her "tramp stamp" tattoo bother you? Why was it necessary to denounce her to the authorities? And then we wonder why people stop attending Church. I sometimes worry that we "religious people" do more harm to the Kingdom of God than the devil.
Sep 14th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said:
Is it the only way to deal with the issue? No. Will it get through to every offender? No. (But then what approach will? Even sending a direct private message may not do the trick.)

A CM member told me that a male member used to message her when she posted photos. He'd tell her the photos were inappropriate. She finally left the site because of this. I saw the pics he complained about. In one she was sitting on a couch in jeans. They were not form fitting. Her pose was lady-like. It was taken at a family get together. He told her that he thought she was inviting men to join her on the couch and well . . . you know. HE was the inappropriate one. He was the one with the impure ideas. Her photo was fine. Those emails left her feeling sullied. She was very upset. This was more than 4 years ago, when I first joined.

I still say that the best approach is to mind our own business. Disparaging comments about photos on others' profiles say much more about the one who comments rather than those who posted the photos.
Sep 14th 2013 new


i remember one of my pics here rejected by the site .. for them it was revealing.. am just in a swimming pool wearing black sleeveless and shorts (no guts to wear bikini's and two piece). i asked my officemate what's wrong with the pic, she just answered 'wet look' ... I respect the sites decision to remove it, now i understand why most men (other dating sites) like that picture.why i got invites on cam... One way of reminding me that i deserve to be respected not just in pictures but as person too...
Sep 14th 2013 new
It wasn't the "tramp stamp" that offended, it was the amount of bare flesh she chose to include in the photo. embarassed
Sep 14th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: It wasn't the "tramp stamp" that offended, it was the amount of bare flesh she chose to include in the photo.
never having seen the pic.. I was thinkin that was probably part of the issue.. scratchchin
Posts 21 - 30 of 95