Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 14th 2013 new
(quote) Michelle-860764 said: What is considered "revealing attire"?

That's the problem. The standard shifts too easily. Impossible to nail it down - except that we all know it when we see it.
Sep 14th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: It wasn't the "tramp stamp" that offended, it was the amount of bare flesh she chose to include in the photo.
Let her make her own mistakes. She'll see what sort of man that photo attracts. Hardly the marrying type, I suspect.
Sep 14th 2013 new
You never can tell

www.youtube.com
Sep 14th 2013 new
(quote) David-364112 said: I'll probably catch a lot of flack for saying this, but IMO female jealousy and male insecurity, inadequacy, and sexual frustration are the true reason behind the endless hand-wringing over the appearance of attractive women and outrage over their apparent immodesty.

So, let's all examine our own consciences and motives before we set about to assail others. If we're honest with ourselves, we're likely to find that the fault lies within us rather than with women who are graced with true physical beauty.
Bravo! clap And "Fall and Winter clothes" can be just as form fitting and provocative as "summer" clothing. Some of us live in weather that does not warrant "fall and winter clothes"! tongue
Sep 14th 2013 new
(quote) David-364112 said: and male insecurity, inadequacy, and sexual frustration are the true reason behind the endless hand-wringing over the appearance of attractive women and outrage over their apparent immodesty.
Nope. I just don't think it's appropriate. Armchair psychoanalysis not required.
Sep 15th 2013 new
(quote) Adam-399324 said: Well, the notion that clothing changes with season is largely foreign to the male half of the population...

Everybody who wants to fire shots in them good ole Catholic modesty wars should be impelled to read this article first: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2013/09/the-challenge-of-authentic-modesty-5-things-to-...

Adam, thanks for sharing this. I completely agree, especially the 5 key points at the end of the article. It is exactly what I was trying to get across in my initial post.
Sep 15th 2013 new
(quote) Melissa-790653 said: Hello Joan!
I think your initiative is daring and very much so on point. Today, image is everything. Let me explain: like Stacy and Clinton on "What not to wear" say all the time you need to dress the way you want to be treated, to represent who you are and where you want to go with your life. As Catholics, this advice is much needed. Here are a few questions on the matter to think about. On a personal level: "What impression do I want to make? What reactions do I want to have towards me? What is it I want?" On a faith level: "What does the Church teaches us about modesty? What does the Church want for our well being on the concerns of modesty? Why adhere to modesty?"

Personally, I adhere to modesty. However, in today's world, it is challenging. All the time I must discern what I am wearing is godly and respectful to men. It is an everyday conversion.

I love the idea of taking pictures of the newest fall trends to put in practice modesty. Great idea! I've done the same thing when giving a workshop on modesty to teenage girls this summer.
Melissa,
Yes, this is exactly my point. What impression are you giving a potential suitor by your photos? Who are you trying to attract? Someone who is contacting you because they value you as a daughter of a King, or someone who is contacting you because they are lusting after your body?
Sep 15th 2013 new
(quote) David-364112 said: I say we should all just mind our own business.
hug smile
Sep 15th 2013 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: You never can tell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeKPkGflDB4
GREAT SONG!
Sep 15th 2013 new
(quote) David-364112 said: That's the problem. The standard shifts too easily. Impossible to nail it down - except that we all know it when we see it.
Are we supposed to wear burkas?
Posts 31 - 40 of 95