Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 13th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-976718 said: Maybe we should say, I'm in Like with you.
Ok that sounds rather lame but how do you avoid the trap of saying the words without the true meaning? 
laughing laughing scratchchin Here's a familiar one. "You complete me". laughing

Just kidding...
Sep 13th 2013 new
That sappy, over-emotional, devil-may-care attitude he had for his wife when they first met is love undefined. It's the rudiment of what love is. Without that spark, love never gets off the ground. It isn't meaningless. It is rather essential. It's what happens afterward that determines whether this love has staying power or whether it will fizzle off into nothingness. It is whether two people can be half of nothing without each other and all of everyhthng with one another that makes love dawn every morning.

And you can only know that by being in love until it hurts. When it hurts, you are doing it right. And when you can get past each and every hurt, you know that you are meant to love one another the way God has loved us--completely, wholly, emotionally, physically, spiritually intact with one another...that's what God wants in a sacramental love. He wants us to not be rote with one another. He wants us to be one, in sickness and in health until death do us part. He wants us to love one another more when weakness is prevalent than when strength is apparent. He wants us to hold one another in such high regard that we would rather cut off our right arm than offend one another. It's Who He is and it is who we should also be.
Sep 14th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Well, maybe all we have to be is mindful and start doing acts of kindness, express gestures, make willful sacrifices, talk and share and keep committing our actions to those around us instead of ourselves, and in time (God's time) the greatest work of God is presented to man, a woman God creates, just for him.

I am sure that every man would agree with me that there is no more beautiful a creation, save God, in all of heaven or earth than the woman God has so prepared for a man.

Yes, I think we men need to start counting the ways :) if not doing so already.
Hi John, beautifully said. If only we could reach this level of spiritual maturity in our youth.

I think women would also find the same thing to be true. Loves is such a beautiful experience and God certainly knew what He was doing when He created one for the other. I think one thing that has gotten lost is the sacrifice for love. Parents still sacrifice for their children but sadly, far too often, even that is displaced in today's society. To make little sacrifices for love can make all the difference in the world. I know it is one of the things I treasure the most. Nothing says love like that does. To think God has created a man just for me.. wow.. what a thought. It makes me smile. Thanks :)
Sep 14th 2013 new
Nice one Johnny laughing laughing
Sep 14th 2013 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: Here's a familiar one. "You complete me".

Just kidding...
LOL!
Sep 14th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said:
The five pillars, I have posted before. Again, they are:

Fidelity
Communication
Sacrifice
Love
Commitment

When one of these qualities is missing, it begins to erode the others and the marriage is ruined if not fixed.

LOVE IS A DECISION.
This is excellent. I have said before that my kids made me better. One of the things they did for me was teach me about gritty, rubber-meets-the-road, sacrificial love, the kind that doesn't count the cost. I hope to share that with the next "Mr. Sam," wink should he exist.
Sep 14th 2013 new
I see where love grew into something more beautiful as time passed and he realised that it was more than just the emotional feelings he had at the beginning.He also made a conscious effort to make the marriage work.It bore fruit even in the simple things like sharing,helping all part of loving one another. heart theheart
Sep 14th 2013 new
When I got engaged, my mother told me, "It just gets better as you grow older and you really become important to each other."

I thought, "That's silly. We're important to each other now, or we wouldn't have gotten engaged."

But time proved her right: the roller coaster emotions are just the icing on the cake of real devotion.
Sep 14th 2013 new
I liked this:

www.arkansas-catholic.org
Sep 14th 2013 new
For those theologically minded:

In Cardinal Levadas glossary, charity (or love) is defined as, "The theological virtue by which we love God above all things for his own sake, and our neighbor as ourselves for the love of God." Paul tells us that love is the greatest of the theological virtues: "So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love" (1 Cor. 13:13).
Posts 11 - 20 of 25