Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Sep 14th 2013 new
That would be gossip. shhh
Sep 14th 2013 new
It has been said by many saints and Our Lady of Guadalupe has said, that, even as a person is falling into death or has already died can be saved by his own prayers, or our prayers. That God's time is not our time, so never cease prayer and we don't really know who goes to hell or not. Praying theheart hug
Sep 14th 2013 new
I am still reeling from Jerry's comment to Marge to "give them hell" ! I still hope and prayer (as I am sure many of you do) that every soul is saved, but we known from Jesus that is not the case, as I am writing this I am reminded of Our Lady of Fatima's comment that many souls go to hell because they have no one to pray for them-heavens reminding me (all of us ) to step up our game.
Sep 14th 2013 new
wdtprs.comthe quotation is from LT 94, a letter from Therese of the Child Jesus and of the Holy Face, to her sister Celine. It is translated souls are being lost like flakes of snow; here is the context in French:

Cline, pendant les courts instants qui nous restent ne perdons pas notre temps sauvons les mes les mes, elles se perdent comme des flocons de neige, et Jsus pleure, et nous nous pensons notre douleur sans consoler notre fianc Oh ma Cline, vivons pour les mes soyons aptres sauvons surtout les mes des Prtres, ces mes devaient tre plus transparentes que le cristal Hlas! combien de mauvais prtres, de prtres qui ne sont pas assez saints Prions, souffrons pour eux, et au dernier jour Jsus sera reconnaissant. Nous lui donnerons des mes!

Here is a literal translation of the French:
Celine during the short moments that remain to us, let us not lose our timelet us save soulssouls are being lost like flakes of snow, and Jesus weeps, and we we are thinking of our sorrow without consoling our fianc. Oh, Celine, let us live for soulslet us be apostleslet us save especially the souls of Priests; these souls should be more transparent than crystal. Alas, how many bad priests, priests who are not holy enough. Let us pray, let us suffer for them, and, on the last day, Jesus will be grateful. We shall give Him souls!

Therese used underlining to get across her point: short moments is double underlined, remain to us is underlined, grateful is underlined.

Sep 14th 2013 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: It has been said by many saints and Our Lady of Guadalupe has said, that, even as a person is falling into death or has already died can be saved by his own prayers, or our prayers. That God's time is not our time, so never cease prayer and we don't really know who goes to hell or not.
Of course! Praying Praying Praying theheart
Sep 14th 2013 new
Hi Patrick, Wonderful post! I agree, we certainly need to condemn less on the forums. I found an article that might shed some light on this topic. "Are most Catholics in America going to hell?" www.ncregister.com
Sep 14th 2013 new
This post has been flagged as inappropriate for this discussion or forum.
Sep 14th 2013 new
AMEN, Jerry!!!!
Sep 14th 2013 new
(quote) Patrick-341178 said: I have been a catholic match member on and off over the years and find it to be an excellent site. Initially, I just ignored the forums and focused only on the dating part. I then realized I was missing out on quite a bit.

Overwhelmingly, I enjoy the posts that I read - even those I have strong disagreement. I appreciate members taking the time to give their honest and heartfelt feedback on particular topics - with one exception: the you better be a perfect catholic or you are going to hell posts.

I mean - is that really necessary? In all my years of catholic education and attending mass, I don't think I ever heard the fire and brimstone "you better obey catholic doctrine or get ready for an eternity in a lake of fire." For those who feel strongly about obeying catholic doctrine, by all means make your point - but do it a positive way like Pope John Paul or even Christopher West (who I personally am not a huge fan, but at least I have never heard him condemn anyone to hell.)

Now, am I saying the topic of hell isn't important? No - not at all. I do believe it is a place for the worst of mankind' souls such as Hitler, Hussein and Kermit Gosnell (hopefully he repents to save himself). But, is it appropriate for anyone who may have had pre-marital sex? Shouldn't we atleast leave that to God to decide? Also, what about purgatory anyways? We as catholics are suppose to believe in that as a way of purifying us who are not yet ready for heaven.

My suggestion is if someone wants to start a topic on hell - go ahead. Make your posts in this forum if you want. Otherwise, how bout making your points in not such a condemning fashion.

Sep 14th 2013 new
(quote) Patrick-341178 said: I have been a catholic match member on and off over the years and find it to be an excellent site. Initially, I just ignored the forums and focused only on the dating part. I then realized I was missing out on quite a bit.

Overwhelmingly, I enjoy the posts that I read - even those I have strong disagreement. I appreciate members taking the time to give their honest and heartfelt feedback on particular topics - with one exception: the you better be a perfect catholic or you are going to hell posts.

I mean - is that really necessary? In all my years of catholic education and attending mass, I don't think I ever heard the fire and brimstone "you better obey catholic doctrine or get ready for an eternity in a lake of fire." For those who feel strongly about obeying catholic doctrine, by all means make your point - but do it a positive way like Pope John Paul or even Christopher West (who I personally am not a huge fan, but at least I have never heard him condemn anyone to hell.)

Now, am I saying the topic of hell isn't important? No - not at all. I do believe it is a place for the worst of mankind' souls such as Hitler, Hussein and Kermit Gosnell (hopefully he repents to save himself). But, is it appropriate for anyone who may have had pre-marital sex? Shouldn't we atleast leave that to God to decide? Also, what about purgatory anyways? We as catholics are suppose to believe in that as a way of purifying us who are not yet ready for heaven.

My suggestion is if someone wants to start a topic on hell - go ahead. Make your posts in this forum if you want. Otherwise, how bout making your points in not such a condemning fashion.

What's wrong wuth MI?
Posts 21 - 30 of 121