Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Oct 18th 2013 new
(quote) Kristen-878108 said: You are certainly correct that I cannot judge their hearts, but the reality that they are not in union with the Church is not a judgment made by me but is a reality they themselves maintain. While the ban of excommunication has been lifted by the Church, is it my understanding that this organization does not desire union with the Church.

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/letters/2009/documents/hf_ben-xvi_let_20090310_remissione-scomunica_en.html
Not true.They desire union under circumstances that would not involve them having to accept modern errors.
Oct 18th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Whether the members of the SSPX are fully Catholic is not the issue. In the words of Pope Benedict XVI:

The fact that the Society of Saint Pius X does not possess a canonical status in the Church is not, in the end, based on disciplinary but on doctrinal reasons. As long as the Society does not have a canonical status in the Church, its ministers do not exercise legitimate ministries in the Church. There needs to be a distinction, then, between the disciplinary level, which deals with individuals as such, and the doctrinal level, at which ministry and institution are involved. In order to make this clear once again: until the doctrinal questions are clarified, the Society has no canonical status in the Church, and its ministers even though they have been freed of the ecclesiastical penalty do not legitimately exercise any ministry in the Church.

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/letters/2009/documents/hf_ben-xvi_let_20090310_remiss...

Thank you Jerry for that important statement. In many Catholic parishes there is the Latin Mass and of course the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter (the priests that left SSPX in 1988) and formed a traditional order with the blessing of Pope John Paul 11. I think the devil loves these discussions of disagreements, discord and general blabbering about something which the Holy Fathers have already addressed.
Oct 18th 2013 new
(quote) David-364112 said: This ought a drive you up a tree:
"A church that is closed in on itself and in the past, a church focused only on little rules, customs and attitudes betrays its own identity."
~Pope Francis on Twitter
Instead of CORRECTING the holy father, might it not be better to mortify our wills and humbly ask God to she'd light on the truths Francis is trying to reveal?

I have stolen these words from elsewhere but they are reasonable to me:

Even among very traditional Catholics, I don't know many, if any, who "keep all others away" from the Faith. I don't see this huge Mass of raging traditional and/or orthodox Catholics blocking people from the Faith. Good Lord, is this really a great crisis afflicting the Faith - people being too hung up on "rules?" How many Catholics accept all the Church believes nowadays - 5%? 10%? I rather thought the problem was the other way around.
Oct 18th 2013 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said: Thank you Jerry for that important statement. In many Catholic parishes there is the Latin Mass and of course the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter (the priests that left SSPX in 1988) and formed a traditional order with the blessing of Pope John Paul 11. I think the devil loves these discussions of disagreements, discord and general blabbering about something which the Holy Fathers have already addressed.
Apparently CM moderaters allow uncharitable statements when they are against Traditionalists.Blabbering? really Kristen?
Oct 18th 2013 new
We are all imperfect souls and I can blabber with the best of them. I am just thankful that Jerry (moderator) showed up and shed a much more accurate side of the truth than I could.
Oct 18th 2013 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said: We are all imperfect souls and I can blabber with the best of them. I am just thankful that Jerry (moderator) showed up and shed a much more accurate side of the truth than I could.
You used the word blabber to discredit your opposition in an arguement.It's uncharitable and hitting below the belt.
Oct 19th 2013 new
Yep I am a sinner and do not claim to know everything.
Oct 19th 2013 new
Bernard, I am very sorry that I upset you. God bless you. Have a great evening!
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Gabor-19025 said: I have stolen these words from elsewhere but they are reasonable to me:

Even among very traditional Catholics, I don't know many, if any, who "keep all others away" from the Faith. I don't see this huge Mass of raging traditional and/or orthodox Catholics blocking people from the Faith. Good Lord, is this really a great crisis afflicting the Faith - people being too hung up on "rules?" How many Catholics accept all the Church believes nowadays - 5%? 10%? I rather thought the problem was the other way around.
Allow me to reply by posting the article from which this came. The comments there are in red, and are in response to the words of Francis' homily.

His reply to it is also very good, and worth reading. While it is true that we never pray well enough, and I include myself as well, the denigration of verbal prayer is repetition just to make the point is the building of an unnecessary straw man.

veneremurcernui.wordpress.com

Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Kristen-878108 said: Bernard, I am very sorry that I upset you. God bless you. Have a great evening!
Yes you did upset me.I am tired of Traditional Catholics being called less than Catholic and accused of not following the Faith.
Posts 111 - 120 of 200