Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 25th 2013 new
(quote) Kelsey-802691 said:  I began to get frustrated, and said "Well, honestly, what's going to happen is we're going to date, and you're going to want to do physical stuff which makes me uncomfortable, and I'm going to say no, and you're going to get mad, and both our feelings are going to get hurt, and it's going to be a hot mess. Let's just not go there." He responded, "Wait, so you're saying you don't want to have sex with me?"

*FACEPALM*

How do I remedy this situation so that I don't hurt him or lose a good friend?
Can't...stop...laughing!

Girl, I feel your pain. No suggestions, just camaraderie. Good luck! hug
Sep 25th 2013 new
This OP and most of the replies has me shaking my head along with wondering "What are you thinking?"

First, I agree with Marge--give the guy a chance, he must not know you're beliefs. We all know the saying, What happens when you assume?

Here's my take. It was totally inappropriate for you to start the conversation about SEX. Why would you bring up sex to a casual MALE friend and assume he would want to have sex with you, or commit to you and marry you? Think about it--if he brought up sex right off the bat--how dumbfounded would you be? If you were interested in him and he immediately told you why he couldn't date you--because you were Catholic and he would never marry a Catholic, etc, etc. Do you see how inappropriate talking sex is before you even left the rehearsal? Talk about jumping to conclusions.

this is also ASSUMING that people stick to their thoughts, words, and actions and NEVER change no matter what. Thank God, and I sincerely mean this--thank God He made me in His image and is a merciful and forgiving God. I believe He knows we're capable of changing and bestows graces on us to help us. I'd be lost without that reassurance--His promise to Catholics and non-Catholics.

Go ahead and slam me, but, no wonder, there's no dating going on for the majority of CMers. Intolerance and lack of Christian Charity is such a turn off. This lends itself to another OP asking if posting in the Forums was not helpful in finding a mate. Please re-read your replies and look at them objectively. We all have houses with glass windows.

OK--I said what I needed to say.

Sep 25th 2013 new
Great opportunity to share Theology of the Body with him. See if there's a course in your area. Lots of protestants get turned onto the Catholic faith through our teaching on the sacraments, especially the sacrament of marriage.
Sep 25th 2013 new
(quote) Kelsey-802691 said: I think he is more a moralist who claims Jesus as his savior, honestly.
As a former protestant, who married one of those when i was your age, I'd be leery of a moralist without a dynamic, personal relationship with Christ. That goes for Catholics, too.
Sep 25th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: ...Make sense?

...I know this is possible. 
Yes, it makes sense. highfive
Yes, I know it's possible -- I've lived it, too.
And my 5/7, non-practicing Presbysterian was a 7/7 practicing Catholic by the time we got married. biggrin
Sep 25th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Yes, it makes sense.
Yes, I know it's possible -- I've lived it, too.
And my 5/7, non-practicing Presbysterian was a 7/7 practicing Catholic by the time we got married.
Impressive!! 7/7 Catholic AND married too!! Dare I ask how you pulled that off??
Sep 25th 2013 new
Groovy, Marge.
Sep 25th 2013 new
Jiu-jitsu?
Sep 25th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Jiu-jitsu?
That might actually work with apologetics. Interesting!
Sep 25th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Jiu-jitsu?
Force, huh!? Who would have thunk it?!
Posts 21 - 30 of 40