Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Sep 26th 2013 new
I absolutely love "A Christmas Carol" and watch the movie every year at Christmas time. I highly recommend taking children to see it if it comes to your area as a theatrical production as it contains so many life lessons.
Sep 26th 2013 new
Love Dickens. Christmas Carol is my favorite. And I've seen community theatre do a very nice job of it. It really makes the season. Great Expectations is awesome. Anyone wish for a different ending? Oliver Twist is worth a second read. You can get the ebooks for cheap. My library loans ebooks now, so I always have something to read (the app is called overdrive). I have never read David Copperfield, but I just got it. We'll see.
Sep 26th 2013 new
(quote) Michael-485354 said: Love Dickens. Christmas Carol is my favorite. And I've seen community theatre do a very nice job of it. It really makes the season. Great Expectations is awesome. Anyone wish for a different ending? Oliver Twist is worth a second read. You can get the ebooks for cheap. My library loans ebooks now, so I always have something to read (the app is called overdrive). I have never read David Copperfield, but I just got it. We'll see.
Yeah the ending wasn't what I was expecting. But somehow it seems apt for a dating site tongue I bet alot of us can relate to his experiences.
Sep 26th 2013 new
Great Thread Nigel .. thumbsup Like Chris.. i think the only time i read CD was in HS..and that's because we had to. boggled I wish i had more of an appetite for reading..b/c i'm sure there is a lot i'm missing.
Praying
Sep 26th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: Great Thread Nigel .. Like Chris.. i think the only time i read CD was in HS..and that's because we had to. I wish i had more of an appetite for reading..b/c i'm sure there is a lot i'm missing.

Thanks Dave. Haha, I can hardly blame anyone for *not* being into 19th century novels. Frankly if the good ppl at librivox.org hadn't put together some pretty good free audiobooks, I doubt I would have ever picked them up.
Sep 28th 2013 new
A magnifcent attraction in Manhattan is the J. P Morgan Library , the repository of a priceless collection of books and manuscripts aquired by J.P M. The splendor of the architecture and design of the Library is most worthy of what it contains , and the grand interior has been completely refurbished.

I mention this because during the Christmas season the Library displays Dicken's original manuscript of "A Christmas Carol", one of J.P M's priceless aquisitions.
Sep 28th 2013 new
(quote) Albert-146514 said: A magnifcent attraction in Manhattan is the J. P Morgan Library , the repository of a priceless collection of books and manuscripts aquired by J.P M. The splendor of the architecture and design of the Library is most worthy of what it contains , and the grand interior has been completely refurbished.

I mention this because during the Christmas season the Library displays Dicken's original manuscript of "A Christmas Carol", one of J.P M's priceless aquisitions.
That's pretty cool. I know they have a Charles Dickens museum in London, its on my list for next time when I go back.
Sep 28th 2013 new
When I read one or two novels by Dickens during my school years, I did not have whatever it requires to appreciate great writing. Since then I have not read much fiction. Recently I came across a short piece devoted to Dickens. This article makes some points that might be of interest to his fans: www.firstthings.com
Sep 28th 2013 new
Read "A Tale of Two Cities" in eighth grade and have been a fan ever since.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

"It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done. It is a far, far better place I go, than I have ever gone."
Sep 28th 2013 new
I love Charles Dickens. Christmas Carol is my favorite, but I also like Oliver Twist and The Old Curiosity Shop.
Posts 11 - 20 of 29