Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Sep 28 new
I've loved Tale of Two Cities since I first read it in high school! One oh my favorites.
Sep 29 new
Do we have any Dickens fans in the house... my oh my...I Love Dickens. A Tale of Two Cities; the grittiest darkest coolest book I've ever read. Love it. I love seeing little Dickensian influences in films; the most recent Batman comes to mind. Very French Revolution inspired. What a crazy period in history.
Sep 29 new
Most definitely! Bleak House is one of my favorites.
Sep 29 new
Yes! I love reading Charles Dickens books ,recently my children and I enjoyed watching
"Little Dorrit " on dvd hired from the library smileWe all love the twists and turns each of the stories
hold.I prefer reading the books first, using my own imagination but sometimes the dvds are great to watch also.
Sep 30 new
(quote) Maria-1007956 said: I love Charles Dickens. Christmas Carol is my favorite, but I also like Oliver Twist and The Old Curiosity Shop.
The Old Curiosity Shop... I actually havent' heard of that one.
Sep 30 new
(quote) Jaime-407389 said: I've loved Tale of Two Cities since I first read it in high school! One oh my favorites.
That one is getting a lot of love from the forum, I think it will be next on my list.
Sep 30 new
(quote) Anna-865389 said: Do we have any Dickens fans in the house... my oh my...I Love Dickens. A Tale of Two Cities; the grittiest darkest coolest book I've ever read. Love it. I love seeing little Dickensian influences in films; the most recent Batman comes to mind. Very French Revolution inspired. What a crazy period in history.
LOL, I just imagined Charles Dickens sitting in the theatre watching Batman. He looks confused, but curious. laughing
Sep 30 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: Yes! I love reading Charles Dickens books ,recently my children and I enjoyed watching
"Little Dorrit " on dvd hired from the library We all love the twists and turns each of the stories
hold.I prefer reading the books first, using my own imagination but sometimes the dvds are great to watch also.
You know, I'll have to get a hold of one of the movies, just to compare notes.
Oct 11 new
(quote) Michael-485354 said: Love Dickens. Christmas Carol is my favorite. And I've seen community theatre do a very nice job of it. It really makes the season. Great Expectations is awesome. Anyone wish for a different ending? Oliver Twist is worth a second read. You can get the ebooks for cheap. My library loans ebooks now, so I always have something to read (the app is called overdrive). I have never read David Copperfield, but I just got it. We'll see.
Personally, I thought the ending to GE was absolutely perfect, given the plot and characters. I'd explain further, but I don't want to spoil it for those who don't know.
Posts 21 - 29 of 29