Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

contraception

Sep 27th 2013 new
As I browse through many Catholic match profiles, i see that the three issues most disagreed with (based on what i see) are contraception, pre marital sex, and Papal infallibility. To those who do not agree, instead of shunning you I would like to perhaps share the Church teaching and just ask you, if you believe in God and want to fulfill His will, are you truly willing, for God, to accept what He reveals to you as Truth?
Sep 27th 2013 new
Let us estabblish then, what we know to be true. We know that God exists. We know that God is eternal, all good, and nothing He does is without order or sense. So logically, we know that the world He created must reflect His Goodness and must have order. We call this order, the Natural Law. So if we believe in God, we must also believe in Natural Law. But what is Natural Law? Simply put, it is the Natural Order of things. Thus, sex, a natural process, was designed by God for a certain end, namely, to have children. The fact it is pleasurable is an incentive to encourage the procreation of children. Contraception then disrupts the design God instituted, essentially trying to control what God has ordained. Note, this done not include using the pill for medical reasons, just toclarify. But using the pill to avoid pregnancy and have sex violates this law. Thus contraception violates Gods natural law. All Christians, including luther, believed this truth. It was only until the 1930s when the anglican church caved in that contraception became widely accepted among protestants in society
Sep 27th 2013 new
Sadly it was practiced long before that only secretly.
Sep 27th 2013 new
Man has always sinned. There are sheepskin condoms from the time period of the egyptians. Simply because men have always been sinners however, does not refute the Truth. I tink it is also fair to say that contraception was not practiced by so many people prior to the 1930s. Especially not after the onset of the sexual revolution and the rise of what john paul ii called the culture of death.
Sep 27th 2013 new
Sam thank you for this information, so sad that many Catholics were not taught it or do not wish to believe it. I am nearly 54 years old and remember as a child attending Mass where it was commonplace to see large families. I attended public schooling in the 1960's and 1970's and many non- Catholic families were large enough that one can conclude many of them did not use contraception.
Sep 29th 2013 new
Yes this is true, and it is sad. We need to do a lot of teaching. All of us, as much as we can. If we can't even do this, then the New Evangelization will fail
Sep 29th 2013 new
(quote) Sam-948516 said: Yes this is true, and it is sad. We need to do a lot of teaching. All of us, as much as we can. If we can't even do this, then the New Evangelization will fail
A great resource for anyone is ALL American Life League which is a totally pro-life movement that does wonderful work for the culture of life.
Sep 29th 2013 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said: A great resource for anyone is ALL American Life League which is a totally pro-life movement that does wonderful work for the culture of life.
I disagree. They are a poor resource for teaching material as they advocate anti-Catholic laws such as the "personhood" amendment, which would be a violation of subsidiarity similar to Obamacare.
Sep 29th 2013 new
(quote) Chelsea-743484 said: I disagree. They are a poor resource for teaching material as they advocate anti-Catholic laws such as the "personhood" amendment, which would be a violation of subsidiarity similar to Obamacare.
The American Life League is a totally pro-life organization that has done tremendous work to advance the true Catholic teachings on respect for life and I stand by my previous statement. They are totally orthodox and a blessing to all, including the many lives they have saved.
Sep 30th 2013 new
What is the personhood amendment?
Posts 1 - 10 of 91