Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Oct 3rd 2013 new
Simple things are the best things after all. Bugs and hugs, butterflies and Baby's feet!

I love the very old and the very young they are purely who they are.

I love the notion of baby feet and butterfly kisses
angel

Linda
Oct 5th 2013 new
The perfect age is one day old. You have everything you need, your cries are answered immediately and everybody loves you and says how cute you are.
Oh well thats water under the bridge. Now that I'm 48 (I have dyslexia, check my profile) I am thoroughly convinced your current age is the best because God is letting you live. Of course there are some exceptions.
Oct 6th 2013 new
Hi Cathy. laughing Keeping me honest, huh? scratchchin Sorry about this late response to your witty comment I think most can I identify with. 17 year old shape. Maybe I am not the only one who had body image issues in HS. It was not resolved until I was in my early 30s. My two High School friends were all state multi sport 6'3" athletes. One went pro. The other is just as athletically successful. So, at 5'8" next to them,I thought I was a troll or something worse. I should have listened to my father who said, "if you compare yourself to others you will become either vain or bitter." It was not until later in life I grew to see my body as just fine for how God made me and started exercising and following a nutrition plan. Even becoming a personal trainer.
Oct 6th 2013 new
Wow, I have new awe for the number 8!! Very cool! I love being the age I am. I am in good health and the wisdom keeps growning! Life is good! biggrin
Oct 11th 2013 new
every day is a perfect day, there is no perfect age, perfect is when you feel fine no matter the age.
So then make your age the perfect one,.
Oct 11th 2013 new
theheart theheart theheart theheart Hello David,
I think the perfect age is where you are now. We only have the present moment. Therefore, God is distinctly in that moment, in the age you are now. I try not to look back and when I pray before I go to sleep I tell Jesus this day was great and if I die tonite and it's my last day on earth that it was a gift and I thank Him. Of course, I am paraphrasing my simple prayer...:)
Oct 11th 2013 new
What's in an age? Is there really a perfect age? What's the goal in the end? What's consider perfect in an age? We can feel good about our age at a certain time in our life but how do we become a child at any age in order to enter the kingdom of heaven? The ultimate goal in life.
.......Matthew 18 2:6 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.
6 If anyone causes one of these little onesthose who believe in meto stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
Oct 12th 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-605462 said: 50. Old enough to know better and young enough to enjoy better.
Not to make you wrong, but the perfect age is 55, soon to be 56. It's elusive, because every year it increases by one :)
Oct 12th 2013 new
(quote) Marcy-1000284 said: What's in an age? Is there really a perfect age? What's the goal in the end? What's consider perfect in an age? We can feel good about our age at a certain time in our life but how do we become a child at any age in order to enter the kingdom of heaven? The ultimate goal in life.
.......Matthew 18 2:6 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.
6 If anyone causes one of these little onesthose who believe in meto stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
Very nice and oh so true Marcy.
Oct 12th 2013 new
Hmm. I enjoy being 8 and I'm sticking with it. I've been practicing for 35 years and I'm getting pretty good. I can ride my bike, rollerblade, camp, dance and play. I read, write, laugh and cry as I see fit. I draw pictures with sidewalk chalk and make silly faces at the other kids, (they just happen to be mine). I make friends based on whether people are kind and fun. I am mostly worry-free, unless we are talking about the availability of dessert. I am completely certain of God's love and my inability to manage my life by myself, the behavior of other humans or the world at large. Yep. Eight is awesome and I'm sticking with it. tongue
Posts 21 - 30 of 48