Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Oct 13th 2013 new
Age is a state of mind.

Our chronological age is not one we can change. However, our 'state of mind' or "mood" or "outlook" of a person or a person's mental condition is always something we are directly in control of. It is a choice...choose wisely.
Oct 13th 2013 new
theheart theheart theheart theheart theheart Hi David,
Thank you for your response. I have not read the 2 authors you mentioned. But am familiar with Chesterton. I am in no way saying to not look back and ponder on my awesome life, it's gifts, God's blessings and my most regrettable mistakes. I am only saying that I really try to be mindful of all that I have now. All the love and gifts that I am seeing through a different lens as I have gotten older. I often reflect on my past the good and the bad. Nice post by the way (your original). I like reading your commentaries. :) Oh by the way, I loathe New age. It scares me. I am all for Jesus and His Holy cross. I was at a Catholic conference once and they were selling these rocks with different names and astrological signs!!! So, of course I chose a rock that said "Jesus" and another that said "miracle". So, as I was paying, the cashier said to me "What sign were you born under"? and I said "The sign of The Cross", politely of course. then the woman behind me asked where I found the rock with Jesus' name painted on it, so I told her. Then she asked do you know how much it is? And I looked at my rock with Jesus' name painted on it and I said "Priceless...sigh :)". They were actually $8.00 each. Such a bargain!
Happy feast day of Our Lady of Fatima! She is working miracles for all who ask.
God bless!

Oct 13th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-726465 said: Hi David,
Thank you for your response. I have not read the 2 authors you mentioned. But am familiar with Chesterton. I am in no way saying to not look back and ponder on my awesome life, it's gifts, God's blessings and my most regrettable mistakes. I am only saying that I really try to be mindful of all that I have now. All the love and gifts that I am seeing through a different lens as I have gotten older. I often reflect on my past the good and the bad. Nice post by the way (your original). I like reading your commentaries. :) Oh by the way, I loathe New age. It scares me. I am all for Jesus and His Holy cross. I was at a Catholic conference once and they were selling these rocks with different names and astrological signs!!! So, of course I chose a rock that said "Jesus" and another that said "miracle". So, as I was paying, the cashier said to me "What sign were you born under"? and I said "The sign of The Cross", politely of course. then the woman behind me asked where I found the rock with Jesus' name painted on it, so I told her. Then she asked do you know how much it is? And I looked at my rock with Jesus' name painted on it and I said "Priceless...sigh :)". They were actually $8.00 each. Such a bargain!
Happy feast day of Our Lady of Fatima! She is working miracles for all who ask.
God bless!

Good answers!!
Oct 13th 2013 new
Thanks Jim!!!
Oct 13th 2013 new
The sign of the cross was a great answer. I'm not usually that quick thinking so I appreciate your response!!
Oct 24th 2013 new
The perfect age is when it works for BOTH partners!
Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-740721 said: The perfect age is when it works for BOTH partners!
What a radical concept!! When it works for both partners. I like that!
Oct 24th 2013 new
This topic has likely played its course. My hope was to get people to think "outside-of-the-box"(psychological, chronological age) and view the question from a Catholic literary, philosophical, Theological, or even Eternal perspective.

A friend also reminded me that "Perfect Age" could mean a Golden Age in history. For example, some might nostalgically long for a bygone era, like the 1950s, "roaring 20s", the Medieval synthesis, the Renaissance, or the Apostolic age when Jesus walked the earth.

Posts 41 - 48 of 48