Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Jan 17th 2014 new
(quote) Sally-1011334 said: Hello everyone from Oz.,

Hope you are all well. I'm wondering, does anyone know of any genuine (non-scam) work from home jobs for single parents? The good old 'net' is full of supposed work from home jobs but they end up being reviewed as scams and time-wasters.

Maybe getting a genuine work from home job is not realistic but I was hoping someone may know of an opening that is the real deal?

Thanks for your time. Best wishes and God Bless, Sally from Oz. :)
Go to Kim Kamando's web site. She is the computer Guru (what is the feminine form of that word) heard on radio nation wide.

She has an article on the subject with, I believe, some suggested opportunities which she has checked out as legit.

But always do some in depth checking on your own or it could cost you a bundle.
Jan 17th 2014 new

this isn't a work from home job but it will bring in extra cash once in a while.

if you have receipts you will be very happy when you file a claim form at topclassaction.com

I use this site often.

Jan 17th 2014 new

Sally

I would make a list of things you enjoy doing and a list of some of your talents and then merge the two. If there is a gap, then research and educate yourself on the industry. If you are artzy, then creativity probably comes natural to you.

You could offer tours of your area that showcase the local art scene.

Just some thoughts,

Jan 19th 2014 new
I think if you offer public tours, you have to have some sort of insurance...which may be waaaay expensive for someone looking for work to incur.
Jan 20th 2014 new
(quote) Chelsea-743484 said: I think if you offer public tours, you have to have some sort of insurance...which may be waaaay expensive for someone looking for work to incur.

Chelsea

These days insurance has become a major expense, in any sense.

I don't know about the requirements for insurance. I have not looked that deep into it.

Again, reasearching the industry, and coming up with a business plan would address such questions.

Jan 20th 2014 new
This is similar to Chelsea's suggestion. I was in an antique store in Catonsville, MD today (with a CM lady) and saw a very large basket filled with mittens made from old sweaters. Someone made them at home and sold them there on consignment.
Jan 20th 2014 new
Agreed.
Jan 21st 2014 new
Yes I have been working from home for 7 years not a scam at all . If you want to or go to lunch I would love to tell you more . I'm a single mom and it is important to me to be with my boys and I am !! ;)
good luck !
Energybeth
Posts 11 - 18 of 18