Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

How much do looks matter?

Oct 1st 2013 new
There can be people that deny looks matter to them. For me looks aren't everything but they still matter. Of course it's human nature to give good quality to ones that are good looking.
Oct 1st 2013 new
(quote) Tom-432657 said: There can be people that deny looks matter to them. For me looks aren't everything but they still matter. Of course it's human nature to give good quality to ones that are good looking.
You only have to like what you're looking at. The object of your affection does NOT have to be the best-looking person of all those you know. Many times, the "plain" or above-average looking are the best ones.

Be able to maintain strong eye-contact, "laser-beam" is wonderful, and communicate.
Oct 1st 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: You only have to like what you're looking at. The object of your affection does NOT have to be the best-looking person of all those you know. Many times, the "plain" or above-average looking are the best ones.

Be able to maintain strong eye-contact, "laser-beam" is wonderful, and communicate.
Why are the plain and average ones the best? scratchchin Still only the best looking lady will be the most attractive to me regardless to be honest.
Oct 1st 2013 new
Just a "money goes to money" , attractive people go to attractive people.
Oct 1st 2013 new
(quote) Tom-432657 said: Why are the plain and average ones the best? Still only the best looking lady will be the most attractive to me regardless to be honest.
They just are. Maybe this quote from Kentucky's 2012 NCAA Champions basketball member Doron Lamb, as listed on kentucky sports radio recently, will help ...

Money attracts the women you want, struggle attracts the women you need.

Too often we want the best-looking. The nitty-gritty lets us know her heart and soul is what counts, and many times, the plain and average looking women have great heart and soul. That does NOT mean the best-looking don't.

Seek women where you like what you're looking at. After getting to know her heart and soul, her average looks have a tendency to make her ultra-attractive.
Oct 1st 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said:
Seek women where you like what you're looking at. After getting to know her heart and soul, her average looks have a tendency to make her ultra-attractive.
Wise words to live by. Thanks Bob.
Oct 1st 2013 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: Wise words to live by. Thanks Bob.
You're wlcome Jim.
Oct 5th 2013 new
With my two cents, having a child with one that is good looking would give a child some benefit in life.
Oct 5th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-432657 said: With my , having a child with one that is good looking would give a child some benefit in life.
Tom. Don't worry about it. Bob has already made some really good points. Haven't you seen some couples out and about that make some people think "what does he/see in her" base on looks? The better way of looking at it is how happy they are together. That's ALL that matters.
Oct 5th 2013 new
I was told a story by a priest, who was going to a hospice to give last rites. When he got there the woman, an elderly cancer patient, had already passed. The priest told us of how he had started to think how pitiful she looked, as she was emaciated and nearly bald from her battle with cancer. Just then her husband of some 50 years walked in and with tears in his eyes said to the priest "just look at her father. She is just as beautiful today as the day I married her."

Do looks matter? Yes, and usually more so to a guy. But be careful what that means. It does not mean that she has the looks to be on the cover of Vogue. She could be quite plain. But a man's wife, if he loves her, is the most beautiful woman in his world, and it's in part because of, not despite, her looks.
Posts 1 - 10 of 200