Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found or unavailable

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Oct 16th 2013 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: I went one year dressed as a psychiatrist complete with a while lab coat and stethoscope. I gave out prescriptions for chocolate chip cookies too on a small, white pad of paper they used to give out( for marketing) with a hospital logo an it. People loved it.
I like that you handed out prescriptions for chocolate chip cookies. Nice touch.
Oct 16th 2013 new
(quote) Selene-1012471 said: I like that you handed out prescriptions for chocolate chip cookies. Nice touch.
Thank you. Now if I only had the chocolate chip cookies,,,,,
Oct 17th 2013 new
i though i be all natural myself since I scare the wit out of everyone all year long laughing laughing laughing
Oct 17th 2013 new
I usually dress as a network consultant. That is usually a scary costume, because when people see me, it often means that their network is down, and they may be looking at a really scary bill if they don't have a contract. As Count Floyd used to say, "Woooooooo!"
Oct 17th 2013 new
Wow, this would be a long list. I have been Dorothy, Jasmine from Aladdin, an angel, a cowgirl and a witch in the last 5 years. I walk with my kids and at least give a nod toward dressing up, so we'll see what I come up with this year.
Oct 17th 2013 new
Once I wore a yellow raincoat so I could be seen, the next year I wore a trench cost, the Police were not amused.
Oct 17th 2013 new
Years ago, when I was trying to engage my teenage son in a mother/son activity, I proposed that we do it big on Halloween and decorate, dress in costume, and hand out the candy. My son agreed and I went into planning mode. I bought decorations to make the front porch spooky - lots of spider webbing, spooky music, pumpkins, black cats, and other decorations. I put together an "Elvira the vampire woman" costume - - long black wig, leotards, cape, fang teeth, high heels, make-up. On the afternoon of Halloween I began decorating. I saw my son head out the door and I said "hey, give me some help so we'll be ready by dark". He replied, "no, I've decided to go to a party down the street". I was heartbroken, but persevered in making a spooky place for the neighborhood kids. I got in my costume, put the candy in a bowl, and sat in an old camping chair on the front porch. Most of the little kids cried and wouldn't come near me. I sat there feeling alone and sad, when I heard "ripppppp", - the webbing on the camp chair had ripped and I went bottom first onto the concrete. I'm now entangled in the metal frame of the chair and I was rolling around on porch.laughing laughing laughing The bowl of candy had flown in all directions and I was stuck in the chair. After screaming for help my former husband came out on the porch and looked at me in disbelief. Then he started to laugh (that was his first mistake). After extracting me from the chair frame, I cleaned up the porch, turned off the light, turned off the spooky music and went to bed. Halloween has never been very much fun since that night.
Oct 17th 2013 new
Over the years I have gone out with the children as scary things such as a vampire, punnish things such as a monk with bags of chips attached ( chipmunk) and then of course for many a Halloween I went as a knight wearing my full armor. ( see profile)
Oct 18th 2013 new
laughing laughingYou all are so original and cool with these outfits/costumes!
One year I went to a party as a "punk rocker" complete with tattoos, green sparkly wig, painted nails, tight leather pants (tough getting those on) boots and the best part...makeup with black tear drops going down one side. Also wore wide leather bracelet and watch band.
I looked like some kinda "Kiss" reject!
This was a party thrown by the Chamber of Commerce. And even though many thought it to be outlandish for that party.....I still took 2nd place!
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Jan-805954 said: Years ago, when I was trying to engage my teenage son in a mother/son activity, I proposed that we do it big on Halloween and decorate, dress in costume, and hand out the candy. My son agreed and I went into planning mode. I bought decorations to make the front porch spooky - lots of spider webbing, spooky music, pumpkins, black cats, and other decorations. I put together an "Elvira the vampire woman" costume - - long black wig, leotards, cape, fang teeth, high heels, make-up. On the afternoon of Halloween I began decorating. I saw my son head out the door and I said "hey, give me some help so we'll be ready by dark". He replied, "no, I've decided to go to a party down the street". I was heartbroken, but persevered in making a spooky place for the neighborhood kids. I got in my costume, put the candy in a bowl, and sat in an old camping chair on the front porch. Most of the little kids cried and wouldn't come near me. I sat there feeling alone and sad, when I heard "ripppppp", - the webbing on the camp chair had ripped and I went bottom first onto the concrete. I'm now entangled in the metal frame of the chair and I was rolling around on porch. The bowl of candy had flown in all directions and I was stuck in the chair. After screaming for help my former husband came out on the porch and looked at me in disbelief. Then he started to laugh (that was his first mistake). After extracting me from the chair frame, I cleaned up the porch, turned off the light, turned off the spooky music and went to bed. Halloween has never been very much fun since that night.
laughing laughing OMG Jan! I'm sorry you had to endure that though
Posts 31 - 40 of 44