Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Am I the only one disturbed by all the uderlying evil shows popping up one after another lately?

The vampire shows, coven shows, witches shows. Ghousts and paranormal shows and haunted this and that???
Oct 4th 2013 new
Truthfully, they've always been there. They just haven't been so blatant about it before. When I was growing up there was Buffy and for a while they brought back Dark Shadows from my dad's childhood... it's just become more mainstream an idea to accept what they're showing now, and that truly is disturbing because it means that less and less people are guarding what they allow to enter their minds. Thoughts become words, words become deeds, and deeds make up your character.
Oct 4th 2013 new
It's also become a tradition for the month of October to, for lack of a better word, revel in the supernatural because of the much commercialized version of All Hallowed Eve.
Oct 4th 2013 new
....and the continuous churning out of zombie movies...
Oct 5th 2013 new
I think genres are cyclical. For a while, sci-fi predominates, then maybe disaster movies, another time family comedies are all over the place, until horror/occult-themed shows take over in popularity.... The economy has some influence, too. At times, all we see are dramas about the rich and powerful, another time we'll see many shows about poor people. I just know that we'll not see any more episodes in the life of a genius-turned-high-school-chemistry-teacher-turned-cancer-sufferer-turned-meth-empire-builder. sad
Oct 5th 2013 new
Like Jessica mentioned....they have been there. I've notice more and more shows that come out that "teaches" society how to cheat, etc. that ruin marriages. I mean, come on. "Mistresses"?
Oct 5th 2013 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: Am I the only one disturbed by all the uderlying evil shows popping up one after another lately?

The vampire shows, coven shows, witches shows. Ghousts and paranormal shows and haunted this and that???
All of a sudden? Harry Potter started in 1997!

Oct 5th 2013 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: Am I the only one disturbed by all the uderlying evil shows popping up one after another lately?

No your not.I never liked them.I also am concerned about the number of books children read about these things ,the skull bags and other accessories from this industry,
Oct 5th 2013 new

It is sad and morbid that some are taken in by this type of 'entertainment'.

Of course the ghoulishness has been around for awhile:
-the novel Frankenstein(1818)
-the first Frankenstein movie(1931)

I wasn't around for either one--when they came out! laughing laughing
Oct 5th 2013 new
(quote) Jessica-844048 said: Thoughts become words, words become deeds, and deeds make up your character.
Good comment Jessica.. and also one of my Fav sayings.. biggrin Praying
Posts 1 - 10 of 86