Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

It seems for reasons beyond me that in the majority of the ladies profiles that so few can accept the church teaching concerning chastity and be not against distance at the same time ,it always has to be one way or the other and I always feel disappointed because so many profiles are so beautifully written also being on CM for a long time more are not against pre marital s-- and I pray to God to grant me the right girl no matter how long the road is between us because in my heart I feel that the longest distances in life have can never be measured in miles.

Paul!

Oct 6th 2013 new
(quote) Paul-99681 said:

It seems for reasons beyond me that in the majority of the ladies profiles that so few can accept the church teaching concerning chastity and be not against distance at the same time ,it always has to be one way or the other and I always feel disappointed because so many profiles are so beautifully written also being on CM for a long time more are not against pre marital s-- and I pray to God to grant me the right girl no matter how long the road is between us because in my heart I feel that the longest distances in life have can never be measured in miles.

Paul!

Paul, I so agree with you. I see this over and over in these forums. I am sad to say that it doesn't matter if it's women or men, Not only are dissent about premarital relations an issue, but acceptance of the Church's teaching about contraception is a big one too. Finally, another area of concern is the number of divorced persons without annulments looking for a friend, companion or anoher spouse on this site. A male friend of mine (here on CM) did a personal survey looking at men and women in "our age group." That roughly means folks in their 50's. He noted that almost 60 % of men are divorced without annulments, and just over 60% of the women are divorced w/out annulments. Keep in mind, I personally have no problem with folks who are in the process of annulments being on the site if they are using it as a means of support to stay on track through the process, participate in forums and gather insight as they transition during this time of their lives. However, being divorced (w/out an annulment) and dating (in any form) is not congruent with the Church's teaching. We will always have members who dissent against a "few," "some," or "all," of the Church's teachings. Quite frankly, living an authentic Catholic life can be a bittersweet pill to follow. It takes a lot of humility, courage, and supernatural grace to live as an authentic Catholic. Many of my work colleagues, casual acquatainces, and even family members have no understanding of the path that I have chosen. I spend alot of time explaining to people why I live the way that I do, and why being an "authentic" Catholic woman is so important to me. Those of us seeking God's will and who are open to Holy Matritmony with a Catholic spouse have a small pool of candidates. I have said this before and I will repeat it here. A few years ago I spoke with my brother about my hopes for finding a man to marry. He told me, "Suzanne, your pond is small and poorly stocked!" I know that if it is God's will for me I will have an faithful and faith-filled Catholic imperfect husband some day. My job is to be faithful and faithfilled (in my own imperfect way,) to not compromise, and to not fall into despair. I have to let God be God, and me be me. So I try my best to live one day at a time, one kind word at a time, and share the Good News with those around me. You and I both know that it's easier said than done. If it was easy we wouldn't have these Forum topics! God Bless You!
Oct 6th 2013 new
(quote) Suzanne-930338 said: Paul, I so agree with you. I see this over and over in these forums. I am sad to say that it doesn't matter if it's women or men, Not only are dissent about premarital relations an issue, but acceptance of the Church's teaching about contraception is a big one too. Finally, another area of concern is the number of divorced persons without annulments looking for a friend, companion or anoher spouse on this site. A male friend of mine (here on CM) did a personal survey looking at men and women in "our age group." That roughly means folks in their 50's. He noted that almost 60 % of men are divorced without annulments, and just over 60% of the women are divorced w/out annulments. Keep in mind, I personally have no problem with folks who are in the process of annulments being on the site if they are using it as a means of support to stay on track through the process, participate in forums and gather insight as they transition during this time of their lives. However, being divorced (w/out an annulment) and dating (in any form) is not congruent with the Church's teaching. We will always have members who dissent against a "few," "some," or "all," of the Church's teachings. Quite frankly, living an authentic Catholic life can be a bittersweet pill to follow. It takes a lot of humility, courage, and supernatural grace to live as an authentic Catholic. Many of my work colleagues, casual acquatainces, and even family members have no understanding of the path that I have chosen. I spend alot of time explaining to people why I live the way that I do, and why being an "authentic" Catholic woman is so important to me. Those of us seeking God's will and who are open to Holy Matritmony with a Catholic spouse have a small pool of candidates. I have said this before and I will repeat it here. A few years ago I spoke with my brother about my hopes for finding a man to marry. He told me, "Suzanne, your pond is small and poorly stocked!" I know that if it is God's will for me I will have an faithful and faith-filled Catholic imperfect husband some day. My job is to be faithful and faithfilled (in my own imperfect way,) to not compromise, and to not fall into despair. I have to let God be God, and me be me. So I try my best to live one day at a time, one kind word at a time, and share the Good News with those around me. You and I both know that it's easier said than done. If it was easy we wouldn't have these Forum topics! God Bless You!
You know Suzanne, when it comes from your own family, ie. your brother, it really hurts. It seems traitorous somehow.
Oct 6th 2013 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: You know Suzanne, when it comes from your own family, ie. your brother, it really hurts. It seems traitorous somehow.
Jim, I must say that my brother is completely respectful and supportive of me. He was just stating what he knows to be true; there are not a lot of 7/7, faithful, faithfilled, properly disposed Catholic men in my available "pond." He knows the sorrows and suffering that have been a huge part of my life and he knows that I won't/ can't settle for less than a good Catholic man. He is also realistic, and knows what is happening out there in the world. It's other family members who have a problem with this.
Oct 7th 2013 new
I love the expression of a small pond that is not well stocked! I must always remind myself that it really is only about the right man. Not how many there are to choose from. I agree faithful and faith filled are what I seek! I know God wants only that for me as well, if I am truly called to marriage!
Oct 7th 2013 new
Suzanne - I have never had my situation explained so clearly. "My pond is small and poorly stocked." It's very true. May God grant you and me and others in our situation a happy solution to our quests.
Oct 8th 2013 new
The way I see it, it takes two to tango. If your standards are higher than hers...nothing inappropriate happens unless YOU let it.
Posts 1 - 7 of 7