Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

boggled OK I see other dating site advertising on TV you know the ones they brag about the success rate of marriages and dates on their sites. So just wondering does anyone know what the success rate for Marriage is on this site?
Oct 7th 2013 new
(quote) Steven-94269 said: OK I see other dating site advertising on TV you know the ones they brag about the success rate of marriages and dates on their sites. So just wondering does anyone know what the success rate for Marriage is on this site?
I like stats also but these may be hard to come up with..............marriages shouldn't be too hard to count unless the folks left and didn't ever announce their marriage.......making friends is also valuable
Oct 8th 2013 new
1. Nobody knows.
2. How many of the "successes" from other sites result in marriages that last?
3. It's irrelevant. The only success rate you need to worry about is your own. wink
Oct 8th 2013 new
I can't see how any site can quantify a success rate. I suspect they are all relatively the same percentage. I wouldn't even know how any site can claim best, or longest marriage, when people drop out, don't report why, stop using or just plain give up on a site. This site is probably as good as mosr others.
Oct 8th 2013 new
(quote) Steven-94269 said: OK I see other dating site advertising on TV you know the ones they brag about the success rate of marriages and dates on their sites. So just wondering does anyone know what the success rate for Marriage is on this site?
irked I guess I am wondering for a couple of reasons 1st curiosity and 2nd my subscription runs out soon so I am thinking of going to another site I guess I am tired of wasting money on here.
Oct 9th 2013 new
Steven,
If you're thinking of letting your Sub expire,, why not ask the ladies to review your Profile and give you their Opinion on what could be improved that may make your profile stand out to them... what do you have to lose? scratchchin Praying
Oct 10th 2013 new

The site is what you make of it.
Relationships take work -- to establish as well as maintain.
How many ladies have you contacted in the average week?
How many ladies contacted you? Did you respond to each and every one? With more than a "Thanks, have a good day?"
Stick around. Most of the folks here are pretty entertaining.

Oct 10th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

The site is what you make of it.
Relationships take work -- to establish as well as maintain.
How many ladies have you contacted in the average week?
How many ladies contacted you? Did you respond to each and every one? With more than a "Thanks, have a good day?"
Stick around. Most of the folks here are pretty entertaining.

well, if you consider that the membership nimber recently passed a million signups since the site was first launched, out of that, to have even a 1% 'success rate' if one defines that as being bound in holy wedlock, you would have to have had 10,0000 people (or 5,000 couples) take that long walk down the aisle to eternity (the ultimate destination, not the walk down the aisle....lol).

divided by the 13 (?) years this site has been making coin for the founders, that works out to 8 weddings a week. of course, some sign up for a free account and never are active beyond that, so they can't be counted, some never make the leap towards consummating (in the non-sexual sense) a budding relationship, and the absolute population active at any given time can not be ascertained (since that's a 'secret' to protect the image and marketing of the site...remember, it's a business, regardless of the pious gloss about what the site is about...); but I'd hold that the real success rate here is under 1%.

Better odds than Powerball, but, this should NOT be your only venue for finding a mate. FWIW, I'm here out of habit and diversion on the fora...and am occasionally seeing a good lady with fewer 'issues' and easier to deal with for my admittedly nerdish character from another site...who is Catholic, who is faithful, and was here but left...meeting her through other said site. So, your odds are not something I would base my happiness on...if the sole vehicle for doing so. This site is not the ONLY place to find a good Catholic spouse.
Oct 10th 2013 new
The whole premise of a "success rate" is not only the wrong question but an unfair one at that. If the meeting, dating and marriage of two people rested solely on a website then sure a "success rate" would be a legitimate point of discussion. But CatholicMatch has always been a tool to meet people (in our case Catholics who put an emphasis on their faith). But so much more goes into a relationship and marriage developing from such meeting that are far beyond our control. We provide single Catholics with opportunity (we think we do that as good if not better than anyone), what they choose to do with that opportunity is totally up to them. Just like joining the nicest most advanced gym in the world does not mean you will get it shape it just means you joined a gym. What you do with the opportunity to work out is what determines if you get into shape.

FWIW we have always encouraged people to not just focus on CatholicMatch or online dating of any kind. Being open to God and opportunities means you need to be open to anything life has to offer. CatholicMatch is but one (although concentrated) opportunity.
Oct 10th 2013 new
Dave that is a good idea how should I go about doing that.
Posts 1 - 10 of 22