Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 8th 2013 new
I had a guy ask me if I was shy in regards to "affection" on a first meeting. He was so obnoxious.

Any questions relating to intimacy are in bad taste so soon. And I also agree with financial questions being rude.

I also don't like hypothetical questions - "Would you do this or that?" "What would you do if"
Oct 8th 2013 new
I am sensitive about my weight (because I am trying to lose 50 Pounds) and it does not help that a person like me has to list "heavyset" instead of full-figured beauty. Alas, I did not exist in the era of Rubens and Bottecelli
Oct 8th 2013 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: "You say you're active. What exactly does that mean?" Yes? No?
that is downright cheeky also
Oct 8th 2013 new
(quote) Julie-42315 said: I had a guy ask me if I was shy in regards to "affection" on a first meeting. He was so obnoxious.

Any questions relating to intimacy are in bad taste so soon. And I also agree with financial questions being rude.

I also don't like hypothetical questions - "Would you do this or that?" "What would you do if"
that's beyond cheeky.....it is horrible
Oct 8th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: I had one man ask me how often I had been intimate with my ex-husband during our marriage -- only when trying to become pregnant, yearly, monthly, weekly, daily??? -- and a few more personal than that! He explained that this would help him know if I was at fault for my divorce! And this was just a man who had 'liked' a few of my pictures and to whom I'd sent a brief 'Thank you for liking my pictures' smiley to!
blocked and archived

Another man sent me a first message saying that since I had 6 kids I obviously liked sex and would I like to meet? blocked and archived

One guy asked me (first contact, and only contact too) if I would agree to cut my hair short, telling me he disliked my hair long, and meet him in his city.
blocked and archived

Most messages I get are not like those but are nice, friendly, helpful, open, proper, and welcome.

wow...........sorry Rachel............yuck
Oct 8th 2013 new
(quote) Julie-42315 said: I had a guy ask me if I was shy in regards to "affection" on a first meeting. He was so obnoxious.

How about when they only have the 5/7 checked. Doesn't that open a door as to why chose to uncheck those two?
Oct 8th 2013 new
Oh, you poor dear! How disgusting!
Oct 8th 2013 new
I think that asking any questions about the Seven Questions is pretty nervy until you've known someone at least a little while. No one owes explanations or justifications to strangers.
Oct 8th 2013 new
Scratching my head here and wondering if she's concerned about how many times a week you hit the gym and why does she care?
Oct 8th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I think that asking any questions about the Seven Questions is pretty nervy until you've known someone at least a little while. No one owes explanations or justifications to strangers.
Well what if this is all they are looking for? Isn't it better to know rather than wonder? I don't know maybe I am just too forward. I don't believe in lying or holding things back. I like to know UP FRONT what/who I am dealing with and I don't have a problem telling others about me.
Posts 11 - 20 of 101