Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 8th 2013 new
Hey By the way.... What is your credit score? irked faint scratchchin eyepopping rolling eyes
Oct 8th 2013 new
I was assisting a female CM menber improve her Co-Op unit when ahe requested permission to ask a "personal" question; I told her she could ask ANY question about me , no matter how "personal" or revealing, and I was completely sincere extending this "invitation"

For some reason(s) , we have a "nothing to hide " attitude with certain people: with others we would not give them "the time of day".
Oct 8th 2013 new
I had been conversing with a man for a very short period of time when he asked for pictures of my feet...I thought wait, huh!?? Those foot fetish people Do exist! Suffice to say I did not send photos....
Oct 8th 2013 new
(quote) Albert-146514 said: I was assisting a female CM menber improve her Co-Op unit when ahe requested permission to ask a "personal" question; I told her she could ask ANY question about me , no matter how "personal" or revealing, and I was completely sincere extending this "invitation"

For some reason(s) , we have a "nothing to hide " attitude with certain people: with others we would not give them "the time of day".
Albert - You are right and I have noticed the same thing. I'm always a private person but with some people it is easy to speak about myself. I'm not self-conscious for some reason with them. Others bring out my "clam" instincts. I'm not sure what quality in them provokes these reactions - maybe we sense we won't be judged. Do you have a theory?
Oct 8th 2013 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said: Albert - You are right and I have noticed the same thing. I'm always a private person but with some people it is easy to speak about myself. I'm not self-conscious for some reason with them. Others bring out my "clam" instincts. I'm not sure what quality in them provokes these reactions - maybe we sense we won't be judged. Do you have a theory?
I work with the elderly [some of the time] and find it easy to be
truthful and open with folks with so much life experience.....
Oct 8th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: I had one man ask me how often I had been intimate with my ex-husband during our marriage -- only when trying to become pregnant, yearly, monthly, weekly, daily??? -- and a few more personal than that! He explained that this would help him know if I was at fault for my divorce! And this was just a man who had 'liked' a few of my pictures and to whom I'd sent a brief 'Thank you for liking my pictures' smiley to!
blocked and archived

Another man sent me a first message saying that since I had 6 kids I obviously liked sex and would I like to meet? blocked and archived

One guy asked me (first contact, and only contact too) if I would agree to cut my hair short, telling me he disliked my hair long, and meet him in his city.
blocked and archived

Most messages I get are not like those but are nice, friendly, helpful, open, proper, and welcome.

Oh, my! I'm so glad I read this - now I don't feel quite so alien-like and if there is something wrong with me! faint embarassed boggled eyepopping eyepopping eyebrow ashamed
Oct 8th 2013 new
(quote) Linda-982758 said: Hey By the way.... What is your credit score?
I believe I would say "you're on the wrong site, sir; you belong on 'CreditScoreMatch.com', sheesh
Oct 8th 2013 new
I always say, "Go ahead and ask, but I won't promise to answer it."
Oct 8th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I always say, "Go ahead and ask, but I won't promise to answer it."
if someone asks you a question when it's none of their business, it's okay to lie............this is along the same lines of go ahead and ask, but I won't promise to answer it.
Oct 8th 2013 new
wanna go to a rave?
Posts 21 - 30 of 101