Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Oct 15 new
Children or pets or career can change the dynamics of any relationship.
I would more likely date and or marry a woman with daughters before a woman
with boys because I already have three girls.
I still have girl toys stowed away in the basement. I guest I should get rid of all that $#@! but
somewhere deep I miss those 2am crawl in bed with dad cuz I'm skeered:)
I miss making their meals and miss butterfly kisses at playtime.
I miss them helping set the table and "tip toeing" around the silverware:)
Point being: everything makes a difference.
I have no son(s) so the schematics will be changed from one person to the next.
Lenn
Oct 16 new
(quote) Meredith-364940 said: I have seen so many profiles like that and it perplexes me. Some men seem to want more of an activities or adventure partner than anything else, it seems. I do understand wanting to have fun, but it strikes me as a bit unrealistic too. That kind of lifestyle won't last once kids enter the picture unless one is rich!

This isn't always the case, but profiles like that seem to focus more on fun than on piety. When I view a profile, I want to see more about how the person's character has been shaped by their religious life. It amazes me how some barely mention God at all.

As far as how children affect dating prospects, I really do think it can scare some people away. I have 2 kids, both 10+. I have men occasionally drop me notes, basically telling me how impressed they were with my profile, but even they don't seem to want to actually pursue. It's frustrating to say the least. I have no ex drama because he's not in our lives and the kids don't even remember him...but one child is severely disabled so that's probably a huge factor.

Hopefully all of us eligible women (and men!) with kids will find people willing to take a chance on us.
Hi Meredith,
I will pray that an ideal match finds you either through CM or outside of CM. You are a lovely young woman and I believe God will bring a wonderful man to your side and be there for your two wonderful children as well.

God Bless,
Selene
Oct 19 new
I'm mom to 8 children, 4 live st home. Realize not too likely meeting anyone. Matches suggested usually never married, no kids. What are they thinking?
Oct 19 new
Should God deem me worthy, I will welcome the chance to be a step-dad, and should He pair me with a younger woman with or without her own children, I would still welcome children born of us if God Wills it, and I will love and embrace all with the same love and respect that I have for my own (current) sons. And should she be older with grand-kids, well, wouldn't that be just fine too. I coached youth sports for some 10-12 years, I considered each one as if my own child, so I feel well prepared for the possibilities.

'Tis with young eyes that I peer out of this shell that really ain't so old, and one thing I'm beginning to learning here is how I will recognize that one God is preparing me for. He has already shown me that she will be a kindred spirit. It is possible that she will not have children of her own ... but I'm inclined to doubt that. It seems that God has given me this vision of having a daughter - a sister to my sons - perhaps she is looking forward to meeting her brothers, and her mother her sons. As God so Wills.

So thank you for the post - seems I need to update my profile to include what I naively assumed was a given. I will make it explicit.
Oct 19 new
(quote) Ruth-438717 said: I'm mom to 8 children, 4 live st home. Realize not too likely meeting anyone. Matches suggested usually never married, no kids. What are they thinking?
this seems bizarre to me also
Oct 19 new
(quote) Ruth-438717 said: I'm mom to 8 children, 4 live st home. Realize not too likely meeting anyone. Matches suggested usually never married, no kids. What are they thinking?
Single, never married here but I can tell you kids would not deter me in any way.
I think it might be a bigger problem with the person I meet getting used to the 12 brothers and sisters and 20+ neices and nephews - and her kids getting used to 12 aunts and uncles and 20+ cousins. Usually takes a while getting used to sitting at a dinner table where there are 10+ conversations going on at all times and not being phased by it.
Oct 19 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: Single, never married here but I can tell you kids would not deter me in any way.
I think it might be a bigger problem with the person I meet getting used to the 12 brothers and sisters and 20+ neices and nephews - and her kids getting used to 12 aunts and uncles and 20+ cousins. Usually takes a while getting used to sitting at a dinner table where there are 10+ conversations going on at all times and not being phased by it.
highfive
8 siblings, 16 nieces and nephews, assorted stray children and adults, 2 languages, piano, guitar, saxophone, drums, and/or the radio and all of it loud!
Oct 19 new
(quote) Sam-427739 said:
8 siblings, 16 nieces and nephews, assorted stray children and adults, 2 languages, piano, guitar, saxophone, drums, and/or the radio and all of it loud!
Absolutley love the reference to "the assorted stray children".
Oct 20 new
I love large families! I am the youngest of 5 (I know, nothing compared to Sam & Dave) & we have 16 nieces & nephews among us. I love when we are able to all get together!
Oct 20 new
I agree there are people open to dating and possibly marrying those with children. Trying to come at it from a realistic perspective though.
Posts 31 - 40 of 58