Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Oct 20th 2013 new
The 10 plus conversations, lol. It's fun to watch others reactions when we do that!
Oct 20th 2013 new
You're a trooper Barbara!
Oct 20th 2013 new
Thanks, Ruth, for your encouragement. Divorce is so hard. Death is so final. Alone with children we must be strong...even if it is not our nature.. Maybe that is why my "choleric" personality trait is so dominant in the CM profile test??? LOL THAT can ruin dating possibilities, too! Uh-oh!!!! Doomed, I tell you! :o) I am... Barbara
Oct 20th 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-863769 said: Thanks, Ruth, for your encouragement. Divorce is so hard. Death is so final. Alone with children we must be strong...even if it is not our nature.. Maybe that is why my "choleric" personality trait is so dominant in the CM profile test??? LOL THAT can ruin dating possibilities, too! Uh-oh!!!! Doomed, I tell you! :o) I am... Barbara
lol............how else can one keep all these kids out of trouble and healthy
Oct 21st 2013 new
Susan, Amen, sister...preach it! LOL Thank God 7 of the ten are all over legal age ....and now I have 1 on the edge of the nest for quasi-launch...and only two surrounding the campfire...Wait, if there are only 2...I can't be surrounded....so I guess I'm doing okay...not in a straight jacket...and able to still have a lame sense of humor! God is good! :-) My deceased husband must be smiling that I've got this far and still have corny jokes...Thanks for the topic, Susan!
Oct 21st 2013 new
correction: "...I've GOTTEN this far..." (not "got") lost my past participles...yikes
Oct 22nd 2013 new
Haha Barbara! As someone who is still surrounded by the campfire, you inspire me. And lame jokes are the best laughing I prefer to call it sophisticated humor, LOL....my 13 yo is not sophisticated tongue
Oct 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Meredith-364940 said: What you're saying is true, so I'm not disagreeing. I understand the fear that people could have about converts.

Countless cradle Catholics have strayed from the faith as well. Sometimes for a relatively short time (months, years), but sometimes forever. I've read quite a few honest accounts of just such behavior from cradle Catholics in my time on CM. I figure you know this too, but I'm just pointing it out anyway. :)

In the end, this is a risk we take with anyone. Not just converts, but anyone. Two cradle Catholics could marry, but one could eventually lose their faith. The best we can do is find an upstanding person of great character.
Meredith, you are a great person inside and out and God has given you great children to take care of. You are so young and the right gentleman will come along. Dating is tough, with or without kids. Especially my age, lol. I have dated a lot of frogs and satisfied with my life and children if I don't find prince charming.

I want to say converts are the best Catholics at least what I have experienced in my family. I have 4 converted SILs and BILs, and they have been converts for maybe 20+ years. They make great spouses and Catholics. I have dated Catholics and wonder why they call themselves Catholic?!?! It frustrates me especially when they are from here. It's like why can't they admit they don't believe in the 7 out of 7. Or think that since they carry the title Catholic that everything is ok. Anyway, enough of my hogwash.

You sound like a mature girl who has found your Faith in God and what surprises me the most, you weren't raised Catholic but knew that Christ is our Savior theheart

Anyway, just have to top everyone's numbers here for large families. Ten brothers, seven sisters, 37 nieces and nephews, lost count on grand nieces and nephews, and 6 or so angels in heaven:) wide eyed biggrin
Oct 22nd 2013 new
Always nice to see my family get topped :-) love large families
Oct 22nd 2013 new
My dinner table seems lonely with only 3 kids here now -- I'm so looking forward to this weekend when I'll have all four daughters home for a bit, and especially Thanksgiving when all six 'kids' will be here and we'll gather at my parents' home in a crowd of at least 28 family members, with hopefully some close friends too!
Keeping track of 3+ conversations in one room is challenging but part of the joy and fun!
But the loneliest spot is the 'head-of-family' chair just waiting for a good man to fill.
Posts 41 - 50 of 58