Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Oct 22nd 2013 new
Yes children do affect prospects.
When my daughters were little, our home did not seem empty at all
I sat at the head of the table after I fixed dinner for all of us.
Being right handed the bebe' sat on my lap with my left arm around her
it was easy to feed her right off dad's plate. The second oldest sat on the first chair to my left.
Again, It was easy enough to reach her utensils and help place a bite of food on a spoon or fork.
The eldest sat to my right and was easy to watch and praise her for doing such a good job
eating like a big girl...no messies :0
My girls have been out of my life 10 years this Dec. 22. Time has not changed my love for my children.
I still have tons of little girl stuff packed away in the basement; thinking, believing, hoping one fine day...
SO....
When it comes to looking for a potential partner and they have 1,2,3,4 boys in their teens...might not be
a good fit.
I feel most any woman or even girl would find my home tasteful, charming and pleasing to the emotional
senses.
No sport equip. here. Boys (remember I used to be one) probably would not care for the chanteel (sp)atmosphere.
I dust mop most daily and shoes come off at the door.
If boys are anything like I used to be....I am "not" sure I am geared for that.
As Rachel mentioned the loneliest place is at the head of the table. I "can" relate
to that.
Kids need to at least fit in some ways to a current lifestyle. Having been raised in the
country myself; had my parents split and as a given and I was forced to live in town with a new
stepfather...not a good fit at all.
Everything must be considered
Lenn
Oct 22nd 2013 new
"But the loneliest spot is the 'head-of-family' chair just waiting for a good man to fill."
hug I get it, Rachel. I keep repeating,"God has a plan, even if I don't know what it is , yet" and "We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose."(Romans 8:28)

Oct 22nd 2013 new
One of my favorite childhood memories was the annual day after Christmas get together. My grandfathers dad had two wives. Not at the same time. Between the two there were 27 children. 4 died as children during the flu epidemic of 1919. Then there was my grandmother who's father also had two wives. He had 16 children. The day after Christmas they all came to my great grandparents for dinner. I mean there was a small town there as I had cousins and 2nd and 3rd cousins and we all were there. We ate in shifts, each person had a gift to open. It was the coolest. Sadly they are all gone now but one great aunt. The cousins scattered and I have no idea where most are now. But what a cool memory!!
Oct 22nd 2013 new
Oh gee what time and governmental interference has done to us as a nation!
Sam, I wanted my children. I never missed an OB appointment sometimes driving
1200 miles or more not to miss a single 15 minute checkup. One nurse really pushed
that we should know the sex just in case it was a girl stating "A mans first child should
be a boy" "Its not too late you know" I seen RED.
I told the doctor that nurse does not deserve being in the same room with my wife.
Anyway, I delivered all 3 of my daughters into this world at the hosp.
They went straight from their mothers womb into my heart holding them gentle and close.
As they grew, I could tell from the expressions on their faces what they wanted or needed.
I would love to find that intricate closeness again.
Too many children have been raised parentally by mothers alone.
grown boys no longer know how to be a man but understand how to be a good boy for mommy.
(short analogy) A woman is an island that has everything a man needs to live a God fearing, clean
healthy life. Her man is the anchor that holds the family steadfast in life's storms.
Her inner beauty(love for God) gives him strength and courage to laugh at the consuming waves.
His love for God makes him beautiful in her eyes too.
Women need their man to be that "ROCK" they can count on, lean on, trust and believe in.
I see a serious lack for accountability in todays market.
Lenn
Oct 25th 2013 new
(quote) Lenn-1017174 said:
I see a serious lack for accountability in todays market.
Lenn
100% agree...not just men, women too!
Nov 13th 2013 new
and then there's the discussion of when are they to learn more independence..........prayers please faint
Nov 13th 2013 new
I'm a never married single with no children, and I understand that some women with children within my age group would not be interested in men with my status. However, I don't have a problem with single mothers.

I lost my father as a teenager and had a stepfather and I've been in a few relationships with single mothers. If their fathers are involved in their life, I only expect to be another adult in their life who loves them. If their father isn't a part of their life, I would be there for them on whatever level they need.

So in a word NO, it doesn't me at all.
Nov 13th 2013 new
cool..................you and my single father friend in Ontario are on the same page.......his teen attempted suicide too also
Posts 51 - 58 of 58