Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Dec 14th 2013 new
My prayers are with you. Our spouses will always be in our hearts, in good times and in bad. And there are always going to be men that prey on our loneliness and try to "cure" that. I am sorry it happened to you, but kudos for getting out there and not allowing him to take advantage of you. Your son sounds amazing. Good job, Mom!
Dec 14th 2013 new
My prayers are with you. Our spouses will always be in our hearts, in good times and in bad. And there are always going to be men that prey on our loneliness and try to "cure" that. I am sorry it happened to you, but kudos for getting out there and not allowing him to take advantage of you. Your son sounds amazing. Good job, Mom!
Jan 7th 2014 new
Dear Cathy, So sorry re your husband, and I know how hard it is to lose your partner in life. It's happened to me twice. Made me sad for your son to hear of his father being terminal on his 16th. birthday. Poor kid, but looks like, probably thanks to you, and his father, has done well in life. That is a blessing. As to your dating, looks like even, supposedly, very Catholic men's main thoughts revolved around sex. I have had a few of those. I also stopped seeing them immediately. I told them, sex is an expression of love between two married people, and we are not animals, and our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit. One had the nerve to tell me that he had taken me out three times, and treated me to concerts, dinners, etc. I told him buying me dinner does not entitle him to matrimonial perks, and besides, I could pay for my own dinners. He was insulted. One tried to force me to kiss him on the lips. I told him that kind of kissing is reserved for someone you truly love, and I did not love him, and we were just friends, but the friendship was over. Another from CM, a retired surgeon, mind you, made a date w/me, we met at a restaurant near me by the beach. When we sat down, he immediately put his hand on my neck, and started slowly to run it down my back. I told him to consider my waistline the Rubicon, and would be dangerous to cross it. I never dated him again. Are there any decent guys out there? No wonder God entrusted the raising of the children to women. We are the ones that hold up the sky. You are still relatively young. I am not...soon to be 76. Men were always crazy about me, but now they want someone much younger than themselves. Today, a gentlemen wrote to me. He was married for a long time, and his wife died at 67, then he met someone through CM, was married a couple of years to a much younger woman. Met her through CM there are 2-3 pix of her in his profile. They are married a couple of years, and she dies falling down the stairs. Scary. He was out of town in another state when it happened. She was also 67. He sounds like a lovely man though, and lives on the other side of the US. I live in West Los Angeles. Do you know that today, while part of the US is freezing with below zero temps, we in L.A. were the warmest spot in the country. My son was off from work, and he spent it at the beach body surfing. Mmmm! Tell me more about yourself. Let's be friends. I'll pray for you, and that you find someone wonderful who will treasure you, and you pray for me. May God shed His grace on you, and your son, and yes, you have my prayers.
Victoria
Jan 8th 2014 new
Victoria, I think I may just heard from the same gentleman you mentioned. He sounds like a lovely man, going through some very difficult times himself. I'm not far along in my "journey back" to even consider even starting a relationship, particularly with anyone more than just a few years older than me for obvious reasons. I've lost two "soul mates" also.
My husband passed away in May, after 32 years, and my faith, along with volunteering, and learning how to keep up this house myself, has kept me going. It sounds like your dating experiences have been less than satisfactory. I admire your courage for being able pick yourself up, and go on. I will say a prayer that you will finally meet "Mr. Right", and not another "Mr. Wrong". God has a plan for each of us. I hope He lets you know yours soon!
Posts 11 - 14 of 14