Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 12th 2013 new
My primary reason for wanting out of the house is the violence. A young woman was shot across the street last year. I tried cpr, but she died a week or so later. This summer a man was shot and killed less than a block from here. We didn't see him or the shooting, but my daughter and her boyfriend were sitting on the front porch when it happened. It's stressful to live here and I don't know if the larger house is in a much better neighborhood. When it comes right down to it, though, it's God's will that's important. You're very right that this enforced inactivity is a blessing and I'm thanking God for all our blessings and thank you, Laura, for your wise words and prayers.
Oct 12th 2013 new
Joyce,

First a big hug and of course prayers for guidance. I don't know why life can seem so chaotic and overwhelming just before some big change in our lives, but it does. I guess its like growing pains or giving birth -- new paths always seem to be over grown and not easy to get to. . .until we get there. :-). I have no advice about the houses as houses have always seemed to be my bane :-). Although I love the house I have now. It is kind of odd, I'd never lived alone in my entire life until I bought this house after Pete was killed. And, I had really found that I loved living alone after I finally moved in and got used to it, just in time for kids to start coming back home lol. Two of my daughters and one grandbaby have moved back in. . .go figure :-).
Oct 12th 2013 new
Joyce, I will place your petition on the altar at Mass this morning. God bless you!
Don't lose hope, try living in the present moment because the future is overwhelming.
Oct 12th 2013 new
Prayers offered.
Oct 12th 2013 new
Praying theheart hug rose
Oct 12th 2013 new
rosary Praying
Oct 12th 2013 new
Praying Praying hug Joyce - I'm so sorry for your problems. Hopefully the leg injury will heal rapidly and completely and you will receive the right advice about your home. Without knowing the area it is hard for any of us to comment but I do like the idea of a larger house with room for your mom since that would save you so much travel and worry. Children also have a tendency to bound back and forth before they finally make it on their own, given the rotten economy. If nothing else you could rent out a room and make a little money to help with the mortgage. I'll be praying for a happy outcome for all your concerns. God bless.
Oct 12th 2013 new
Sorry to hear of all you are going through. I will pray that a solution abounds...

Oct 12th 2013 new
Praying Prayers for you and your family as you discern where God really wants you.

Oct 13th 2013 new
Praying for you Joyce. I pray out Lord will guide you in your discernment.
Posts 11 - 20 of 33