Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Laura-56149 said: After reading Adams comments it made me wonder. Like you are saying about the "razzle-dazzle" effect. I have been on secular sites and it seems to be more of a "sales" pitch of "look how much I have and look at how much I do, I am so handsome, I am so beautiful, I work out 50 hours a week, I sky dive etc, etc. CM, being a Christian site, people are more humble, spiritual and keeping to the reality of daily life. Is it worldly vs not worldly? I prefer real people.
I certainly am not going to defend profiles in general on secular sites. One can certainly find far, far worse than one finds here in terms of utter lack of profile content, rampant shallowness, etc, etc.

However, you can also find people, say, mentioning a favorite book and why they like it, highlighting a particularly formative experience or trip and explaining the influence it's had on them, how they go about balancing the various responsibilities of their lives, etc, etc. All of this is very useful in forming a real picture of a person. The contrast is between just presenting the basic facts - where you went, what you do from time to time (which you also find here) - and elaborating on them a little. It's really in the elaborations that individuality shines through.

Oct 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: 122F, is 52 degrees too hot for me!
smile 70 is the current temperature here.
Oct 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Adam-399324 said: I certainly am not going to defend profiles in general on secular sites. One can certainly find far, far worse than one finds here in terms of utter lack of profile content, rampant shallowness, etc, etc.

However, you can also find people, say, mentioning a favorite book and why they like it, highlighting a particularly formative experience or trip and explaining the influence it's had on them, how they go about balancing the various responsibilities of their lives, etc, etc. All of this is very useful in forming a real picture of a person. The contrast is between just presenting the basic facts - where you went, what you do from time to time (which you also find here) - and elaborating on them a little. It's really in the elaborations that individuality shines through.

I see what your saying. I have done both ways and it didn't seem to make a big difference. If someone is that interested in me or I in him to want to know the details I would much rather discuss those things on the phone and in person. All this typing is just wasting time IMHO:) The internet should be viewed as a short intro. Think about it, if you meet someone at a social event you have to start from scratch and if they have the same moral values it can be a lot of fun getting to know about them.
Unfortunately, I have known people that have invested a lot of time getting to know someone online just to find out the other person was more than happy with the "fantasy" relationship. So, it is most important to meet and then what is on a "profile" online doesn't really mean much but basic fact.
Oct 24th 2013 new
Thank you, Barbara, for making this connection!

Our Lady has appeared to us clothed in sublime simplicity (Lourdes, Fatima, etc.), with the splendor of creation (Sun, moon, stars, earth, royal colors, ie., Guadalupe) and with the face of every race.

One can be simple without being simplistic.

I am a country guy in an international destination; so, I am drawn by 'virtuous variety' which conveys paradoxes (mystery). In other words, Levi -n- lace, modesty in grace. Gerard Manley Hopkins expresses natural beauty bespeaking supernatural glory well in Pied Beauty:

GLORY be to God for dappled things
For skies of couple-colour as a brinded cow;

For rose-moles all in stipple upon trout that swim;
Fresh-firecoal chestnut-falls; finches wings;
Landscape plotted and piecedfold, fallow, and plough;
And ll trdes, their gear and tackle and trim.
All things counter, original, spare, strange;
Whatever is fickle, freckled (who knows how?)

With swift, slow; sweet, sour; adazzle, dim;
He fathers-forth whose beauty is past change:
Praise him.

Oct 24th 2013 new
Hi Jacqueline,

Funny! I finally met John McCain stumping in Iowa when he has a ranch 5 miles down from my family on Oak Creek.

I've lived in San Diego (El Cajon...ugh!) while working in La Jolla (cool...). However, I did not know anything about 'June Gloom' or 'May Gray' with the marine layer...I absolutely loved San Diego and still cannot say 'no' to sea food, fondue and Carne Asada Burritos! laughing

Not that Sedona needs any more publicity, but it is High Desert, the average Temp is 75 (55 winter, 75 spring, 95 summer, 75 fall) with July summer cooling off every other afternoon because of 'Monsoon Season'...a a natural freak show with lightening, rainbows, water falls, and unbelievable multicolored sunsets. Locals can hardly wait for it to come each year! As for winter, it snows on top of the red rocks and green forest making Sedona looking like Christmas...
Oct 24th 2013 new
David, you missed CM Phoenix in the Spring this past April. We took a day trip to Sedona. Some did jeep tours, some hiked; breakfast at the Coffee Cup Cafe, lunch at Indian Gardens; a stop at Tlaquepaque and the Chapel of the Holy Cross.

Another spring event will be planned for the first week of April.....
Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) David-174079 said: Hi Jacqueline,

Funny! I finally met John McCain stumping in Iowa when he has a ranch 5 miles down from my family on Oak Creek.

I've lived in San Diego (El Cajon...ugh!) while working in La Jolla (cool...). However, I did not know anything about 'June Gloom' or 'May Gray' with the marine layer...I absolutely loved San Diego and still cannot say 'no' to sea food, fondue and Carne Asada Burritos!

Not that Sedona needs any more publicity, but it is High Desert, the average Temp is 75 (55 winter, 75 spring, 95 summer, 75 fall) with July summer cooling off every other afternoon because of 'Monsoon Season'...a a natural freak show with lightening, rainbows, water falls, and unbelievable multicolored sunsets. Locals can hardly wait for it to come each year! As for winter, it snows on top of the red rocks and green forest making Sedona looking like Christmas...
David, Yes, our La Jolla, is a gem, as is your Sedona. But the 95 degree temps. would still be 25 degrees too hot for me! Your Sedona is generally known as an artist colony, and many are drawn there by that, as well as the pretty red rock.
Oct 25th 2013 new
Oct 25th 2013 new
(quote) David-174079 said:
David, you make Sedona sound very attractive...especially after our first little snow shower today here in Indiana.
Oct 25th 2013 new
Hi Tracy,

Thanks! Hard to believe snow is here so soon in Indiana! It's hard to beat our neighbor San Diego, of course, for a vacation destination, unless one has grown accustomed to some change of seasons. Sedona has plenty of folks from Florida, San Diego, and Hawaii who moved here have not looked back. Why? 330 days of sunshine! biggrin

According to some reports, Phoenix is the sunniest big city in America. Sedona gets pretty much what Phoenix has but is at elevation 4500 and averages 10-15 cooler temps. Not bad if one is inclined toward melancholy or SAD...

Or just plain love a year round, oudoor active lifestyle! You are more than welcome!

And, yes, I volunteered at the Chamber of Commerce...

Posts 91 - 100 of 104