Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 16th 2013 new
Grace, you are obviously a conscientious and hard worker that keeps the needs of your students in the forefront. Give yourself credit for that. You are in a highly stressful system where pleasing everyone is impossible. When you are feeling overwhelmed, the first thing you need to do is to become underwhelmed. That is - try to step back, relax, and take care of yourself so that you can appraise your situation ( and problem-solving options) realistically. Your ability to reach out for perspective and support is a very healthy sign. Hang in there.
Oct 16th 2013 new
It may not be easy to digest right now, however maybe you could liken yourself to St. Teresa (sp) working with the lepers and offer up your suffering. In any case you are in my prayers. http://www.schoolspring.com The preceding was a job search engine for teachers snd associated work.
Oct 16th 2013 new
(quote) Grace-388301 said: Thank you for all of the prayers. I met with my boss and we are going to have a meeting with my co-worker/co-teacher, but I have a feeling that we are not going to meet. I don't want to do her work anymore. I am still stressed out at work and quite often I do not even want to get up for work. I am really trying to focus on the students that I have in the classroom, but it is hard with all of this going on with my co-teacher. I feel like that I am doing a disservice to the students when I have to be always doing double the work. When I take off people are always looking for me. I never take off and I take my job seriously. I am the certified teacher and I know that my role is to oversee her IEPs, but she is using that against me and saying that I need to do the work for her. I am too nice all of the time, but I don't know how to approach everything. I love teaching special needs students, but I don't like having to do two people's work. It has not improved at all in the classroom. I feel like I am walking on eggshells being around her and then to top off my paraprofessionals are on my case about scheduling a certain thing and that we are going to get in trouble for not doing it. They can take the initiative. I feel like I am not wanted in my classroom this year and one of them is supposedly my really good friend outside of the classroom, but I feel like we are not anymore.
Hi Grace,

You sound like someone who really cares about the people that you are helping and is conscientious about her responsibilities, but at the same time believes that everyone else should pull their own weight and not wait for you to initiate it, whatever it is.

God has blessed me with at least one steady job at all times since I am 17 years old. In this time I have learned a thing or two about working for other people. I, too, am conscientious and want to do the best that I can for the people that I support. What I have found is that no matter the size of the organization, when your supervisors and those in authority over you at work figure out that you are competent and can handle the normal workload that other people are doing, they immediately start adding more and more workload on you. I used to take that extra workload on myself most willingly, and it negatively affected my life in many ways. I had very little free time. People left work at 5pm but I stayed and continued to do more work. I didn't get paid for that extra work. I traveled and made sacrifices for that company above and beyond what others did. After I had given up so many things and lost so much in my life and missed so many things with my family, I walked away from that job never being compensated for the extra time and with no great thanks. I was just used.. but I allowed it.

What I did do was reinvent myself when I went applying for jobs at other companies. I stated clearly up front how much work I would do, what kind of work I would do and that I wanted competent people around me to pull their share of the workload. This is respected by them. Over time, you get your life back, though I have never regained all the friends that I gave up and the events that I missed because of working extra long days. I believe you are doing the right thing by drawing a line in the sand even if it means starting over somewhere else, but you must prayerfully consider what God's will is for your life.

There is honor in private suffering for sure if that is the reason that you are doing it, but it is not necessary that you remain in that situation for the rest of your life if there is no good reason for it other than abuse by fellow coworkers and supervisors; this is a job, not philanthropy, though there are high praises for helping these kids. I realize that you are helping these special ed children, but there are special ed children in other places too. In any case, your efforts with these children have not escaped the Lord's notice and He will lovingly guide you through this time in your life. Seek God's will and then do it. These decisions can be difficult, but they can change the course of our lives for the better if we either come to a peace about our current situation and stick it out where we are, or seek to make changes to find it somewhere else, to better ourselves and bring us closer to the Lord. Only you can make this decision in prayerful consideration of all the factors.

May God bless you, and may you seek the Lord's will for your life in all your decisions. Praying
Oct 16th 2013 new
Grace,

I can tell that you really care about your students. You are in a challenging field and it is very stressful. I'm sure you would much rather teach than fill out all the reports. I recently had a boss who was very challenging and made life miserable for me to put it mildly. I prayed for a change every day and to my surprise he was promoted and moved away. I hadn't thought about that possibility, but it was God's answer, and I am grateful for it.
Reading through your challenges and the other responses reminded me of the following which is credited to Mother Teresa.

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self centered.
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind , people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.
Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others can destroy overnight.
Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten.
Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.
Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.

Take care of your self, blessings
Mike

Posts 41 - 44 of 44