Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 13 new
Christina for what it's worth you profile looks fine to me.
Oct 14 new
Hi Christina, I just have a look at your profile and it seems fine to me, but I think advice from male must be better because only them can judge your profile according to their view about woman. I have some suggestions but not sure if those work because it's from my personal experiences here. When I first joined CM, there were quite a lot views and messages for me (now I don't receive much any more) and I notice that they like my pics, especially pics look naive or cute rather than the one look mature because of makeup (light makeup only). Those likes come from male my age and male older than me around 10 years below. They also commented my profile about myself and my faith (compliments) , at that time I said something about my personality and my match in details which I find out you don't mention much about who you are and what you like about your ideal matc in your profile. You just simply say you want somebody who can be your best friend. So I don't know if what I suggest can work or not but those work fine for my profile last month. Now I've updated my profile with more.details which I also took temperament test and it didn't work any more :-D. I don't know what's going on, but I guess since I'm no longer New member so my profile just doesn't appear in their search any more (because less view taken on my profile, means my.profile details can't even be viewed). Really hope advices from others can help you increase chances for receiving messages from male here :-)
Oct 14 new
Christina, great profile, especially the brief introduction which leaves an opportunity for further inquiries. The only "issue' that might be keeping the suitors away is your aspiration to be a vet. From what I have seen here on CM, well educated women do not do well; CM men seem to prefer the less educated woman, or the "naive" looking, less mature woman.

Good luck on your studies; your mother must be very proud!!
Oct 14 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: Christina, great profile, especially the brief introduction which leaves an opportunity for further inquiries. The only "issue' that might be keeping the suitors away is your aspiration to be a vet. From what I have seen here on CM, well educated women do not do well; CM men seem to prefer the less educated woman, or the "naive" looking, less mature woman.

I think what Joan said here may be a point, according to my profile I have a naive look and less education as well, so that's why. But Christina, you don't need to worry because we're here to look for 'a chance' that our ideal match may be here; but remember that they can be somewhere outside, so don't be disappointed just because they haven't sent you any messages yet. God's time, not our time :-). Be happy as you are.
Oct 14 new
Hi Christina,

Sometimes I will write something to someone regarding something they say in their profile. Like if they say they are looking for a woman who likes to fish. I would say: Hello, I am a fisher of men. I love to fish. Jesus fed the multitude with fish. And then I may attach a link to a bible verse like this:

www.biblegateway.com

I would not be AFRAID to write to someone. Someone could actually benefit from something like this.

Have a blessed week. biggrin theheart
Oct 14 new

First. don't expect and indulge too much for no responses.. you'll get upset and frustrated.
Second.. If your here for one month or 6 mos subscription... Use it. Not because you paid for it.. but because you have your goal and that is to meet someone you wish to end up with..
Third, CM has a lot of feature to offer including the forum... participate and enjoy.

Your chance of meeting someone is in your hands, do not hesitate to send messages and emo... welcome to CM... wave
Oct 14 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: Christina, great profile, especially the brief introduction which leaves an opportunity for further inquiries. The only "issue' that might be keeping the suitors away is your aspiration to be a vet. From what I have seen here on CM, well educated women do not do well; CM men seem to prefer the less educated woman, or the "naive" looking, less mature woman.

That's quite a broad brush to paint us CM men with. As a Veterinarian myself, I can say that I am looking for an educated woman. I personally find educated, self confident, goal oriented women very attractive. "Naive" looking never sparked my interest.
Oct 14 new
(quote) Darin-1007372 said: That's quite a broad brush to paint us CM men with. As a Veterinarian myself, I can say that I am looking for an educated woman. I personally find educated, self confident, goal oriented women very attractive. "Naive" looking never sparked my interest.
DITTO. I'm a trained social worker. I personally find educated women attractive, whether its college or the school of hard knocks.
Oct 14 new
Christina, your profile is fine. It offers enough info but not too much. The only thing I noticed that might cause some guys to hesitate is your living preference (prefer present location). I've only been on this site a month or so, but found that it is better to cast a wide net, at least at the start. Something else I do that has helped is to respond back whenever someone views my profile. Usually a short message like "thank you for viewing my profile, I noticed you like sky-diving (or some other detail/potential conversation starter that I read in their profile), etc. I've already had several really good conversations using this technique, a couple of which have progressed to phone conversations and Skype. Good luck in your schooling, I know several Ross grads, all of whom are excellent vets.
Oct 14 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: DITTO. I'm a trained social worker. I personally find educated women attractive, whether its college or the school of hard knocks.
smile................hmmmmmmmm.................I've majored in the school of hard knocks........sigh
Posts 11 - 20 of 45