Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Rosemary-589778 said: worry not commend yourself to the protection of your Guardian Angel pray for the wolf to be kept from the door and for your guardian Angel to Find you the Souse Jesus deigns for you He may be on the site, he may not. God has a plan for you, an exact spouse, none other will do. So sit tight young one, hold on to your rosary Mary our beautiful Mother knows what is best for her children. Better be to lonesome for a little while longer than loathsome of ones situation having tethered one self to the spouse our own flawed choice born of our fallen nature,, as the bird of paradise trapped in a gilded castle. Rather pray, as we all must, for patience to wait trustfully for the exact spouse you know the very best souse a woman could ever hope for is Jesus ....Jesus the very best of husbands ....Any way pray hope and worry not you are in the palm of The Almighty kindest regards Rosemary
Praying hug theheart rosary rose rose rose
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Rosemary-589778 said: most degrees are good for nothing other than wiping ones bottom with them you may find the greatest love of your life with a dyslexic man who could barely pen an x .... Let us alll open our hearts our minds our sousl to Gods plan let us all throw away our lists......Yes ..... Where was Marys degree where was Josephs degree..... remember it is those with the degree who have made a big mess of the financial world .....Yes let us throw away our lists .....Gods plan not ours How can we say no to God
Rosemary, My degrees do not make me a "superior" person but they certainly have allowed me to pursue my lifelong dream, especially my last one degree. I love what I do as a nurse practitioner, and my patients make my days worthwhile. It is sad when we pre-judge others because of what they do and the accomplishments in their lives. My degrees came with a big price, emotionally and financially. They are worth far more than a roll of toilet paper.
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Rosemary-589778 said: most degrees are good for nothing other than wiping ones bottom with them you may find the greatest love of your life with a dyslexic man who could barely pen an x .... Let us alll open our hearts our minds our sousl to Gods plan let us all throw away our lists......Yes ..... Where was Marys degree where was Josephs degree..... remember it is those with the degree who have made a big mess of the financial world .....Yes let us throw away our lists .....Gods plan not ours How can we say no to God
There appears to be a theme in our threads currently of bashing those who are intelligent and have degrees. Not sure what has elicited this, but it is important to remember that a person with a degree should be treated with the same respect as a person with dyslexia: as a child of God, created in His image.
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Kristen-878108 said: There appears to be a theme in our threads currently of bashing those who are intelligent and have degrees. Not sure what has elicited this, but it is important to remember that a person with a degree should be treated with the same respect as a person with dyslexia: as a child of God, created in His image.
This is not about bashing and my comments were not about anyone in particular. There are some very nice people who are very smart as well. I apologize if "I" offended you with anything I said. I just believe that I learn better from people who present things in a kind way. Without smarter people I would not have come this far. I tend to block out the information if it is not presented in a nice way. I hope this makes sense. Most people I have met here have been very nice and helpful whether they are brainiacs or not.

Thanks to all of you. biggrin
Oct 17th 2013 new
Getting a degree takes work and the more you study, the better you get. It's representative of a lot of things in life.
My parents didn't have a degree and my mother was very intelligent and smart in raising a family. I think my grandmother, who was born in 1888, only had a 3rd grade education and I remember when growing up she seemed to be one of the most intelligent women that I ever knew...she had 10 kids and lived until she was 93. Abraham Lincoln only had about 1 year of formal schooling but was considered a great speaker.
There's nothing wrong with getting a degree in this generation. It seems like people without degrees are the ones who don't know right from wrong since their parents and other adults don't teach them or discipline them anymore. It is true than when you get educated that others get jealous of you and I've experienced that myself. It's easy to be average...it's seems that the average young person now is unethical; they don't believe in truth and probably don't know what it means.
Posts 41 - 45 of 45