Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

I am curious as to the different ways many people volunteer their time and talents. I have been a literacy tutor and enjoy that-many adults in this country are illiterate. I also do pro-life volunteer work but could do more. What types of volunteer work have you done and what do you enjoy about it?
Oct 14 new
I teach 2 catechism classes......one for special need adults and one for special needs kids,
manage a non profit for a disabled adult and help out the food bank and a nursing home.
Oct 14 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: I teach 2 catechism classes......one for special need adults and one for special needs kids,
manage a non profit for a disabled adult and help out the food bank and a nursing home.

Susan that is an impressive list of activity. God Bless you!
Oct 14 new
I did 5 or 6 years with Girl Scouts, 3 more with Cub Scouts, and helped out with school plays. More recently I taught middle school CCD for six months. But basically, at this stage I'm looking for something else....
Oct 14 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I did 5 or 6 years with Girl Scouts, 3 more with Cub Scouts, and helped out with school plays. More recently I taught middle school CCD for six months. But basically, at this stage I'm looking for something else....
Marge
Looking for something else? As in an adult BoyScout?
Oct 14 new
I am currently involved with our parish jail ministry and community garden. I have been a girl scout leader, CCD teacher and a therapeutic foster parent. I pray for God to lead me where he wants me to go and then try to listen and follow. I don't think I get it right most of the time but hope to get better at it.
Oct 14 new
I have Volunteered for Habitat numerous times, and it's one of my favs. I've also done March of Dimes, and that School thing where you go in and Teach kids once a week. I'm also Volunteering this weekend for our Church Fall Festival.. wooohoooo! biggrin
Oct 14 new
I'm assisting with the formation of a Singles' Ministry at my parish. I've been chairperson of Catholic Charities at the Stockton Diocese. I've volunteered for a children's art group that took kids 6-18 through the steps of grief. The kids had lost a significant person (or pet) in the past year. My mom had me volunteering in our church and community from a very young age.
Oct 14 new
If he's thrifty, clean, reverent, and all the rest of it...lead me to him! hyper
Oct 15 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: If he's thrifty, clean, reverent, and all the rest of it...lead me to him!
Direct me to his little brother, please, especially if he camps.
Posts 1 - 10 of 28