Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Oct 15th 2013 new
(quote) Lori-990270 said:  I pray for God to lead me where he wants me to go and then try to listen and follow. I don't think I get it right most of the time but hope to get better at it.
You get a Gold Star! volunteer enriched and a heart in a ministry touching invisible heart hope for you Praying hug theheart rose rose rose
Oct 15th 2013 new
I donated my time by helping an elderly Russian couple get ready for their citizenship test, tutoring English, American History and Politics. And I learned a little Russian on the side. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Oct 15th 2013 new
I am amazed by the variety and depth of caring individuals and it gives many of us ideas for future volunteering.
Oct 15th 2013 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said: I am amazed by the variety and depth of caring individuals and it gives many of us ideas for future volunteering.
Tell you what. How do I go about looking to volunteer again.?? This place is so little that the chipmunks double as tourist guides. Have any ideas?
Oct 15th 2013 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: Tell you what. How do I go about looking to volunteer again.?? This place is so little that the chipmunks double as tourist guides. Have any ideas?
You could teach the chipmunks to speak English? Seriously, I suppose in a remote area you could check for national and international organizations like PIME, ALL and Priests for Life,etc.A few more ideas come to mind, making rosaries for the missions (ULRA) and check with the local schools (I assume there is one nearby) and mentor a young boy that maybe has an absent father.
Oct 15th 2013 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said: You could teach the chipmunks to speak English? Seriously, I suppose in a remote area you could check for national and international organizations like PIME, ALL and Priests for Life,etc.A few more ideas come to mind, making rosaries for the missions (ULRA) and check with the local schools (I assume there is one nearby) and mentor a young boy that maybe has an absent father.
Teaching chipmunks English?? I am talented but I haven't tried that. Bet it's not as hard as learning Russian!!

I will check into your other suggestions.
Oct 15th 2013 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said: I am curious as to the different ways many people volunteer their time and talents. I have been a literacy tutor and enjoy that-many adults in this country are illiterate. I also do pro-life volunteer work but could do more. What types of volunteer work have you done and what do you enjoy about it?
biggrin I am a first grade Religious Ed teacher. I also give time to an Animal Rescue Group. I help set up for adoption events sit on the Board of Directors/operations as Vice President.
Oct 16th 2013 new
Feeding, clothing, and sheltering the homeless. It's good but I've been robbed several times. So I quit helping them. Most of them don't won't to do anything about their situation anyways. Bunch of takers.
Oct 16th 2013 new
For a period of 8 weeks I volunteered to teach low income adults to become computer literate. Invariably they wanted to use the internet. This was fine except that was only part of the course. (After having dismantled 20 towers from their peripherals) the students were taught to identify the parts, assemble and then use basic software.
Oct 16th 2013 new
On Monday mornings, several of us pick up surplus but still good food from various local supermarkets. We meet at our Knights of Columbus council home, sort into boxes and deliver to local struggling families. Tuesday mornings are spent sorting and bagging canned goods and produce donated by a nearby farmer's market for the St. Vincent dePaul Society. Our small pantry (currently serving only about a dozen households) is our pastor's garage at my parish. During deer hunting season our freezers are full from donated deer meat. Some folks pick up their groceries there, the rest we deliver to our other clients.

Keeps me off the streets and out of trouble! eyepopping

Kristen, teaching adults to read opens many doors that were previously closed to them. That and helping to save unborn baby humans is very noble work indeed! angel rose
Posts 11 - 20 of 28