Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

California passed this law recently and we had a conversation in this forum at the time. Actually there were mom's on here that didn't feel it was a big deal. Now it begins...
www.cbn.com

"The push for radical transgender rights in schools is trumping privacy rights at one Colorado high school.

A male student at Florence High School who claims to be a transgender has been harrassing girls in the bathroom. When parents complained, school officials said the boy's rights as a transgender trumped their daughters' privacy rights.

As the controversy grew, some students were threatened with being kicked off athletic teams or charged with hate crimes if they continued to voice concerns.

The Pacific Justice Institute sent the school a letter warning against squelching privacy rights.

"We're not going to stand by and let 99.7 percent of our students lose their privacy and free speech rights just because .3 percent of the population are gender-confused," the PJI wrote.

PJI is demanding assurances from the school that privacy and expressive rights will be protected and any accommodations will not involve the girls giving up access to most of their restrooms, as has previously been suggested by the school."

Oct 15th 2013 new
Saw this coming! I mean, what hot-blooded high school boy wouldn't want to say he's a transgender? You get to go into the girls bathroom (and locker room?.....can someone say shower?)

The further away from God's plan we get as a country, the more ridiculous (and scary) our country will become. Charging the girls/families with hate crimes if they continue to complain about a boy in the girls bathroom?
Oct 15th 2013 new
Exactly Wendy! Whatever happened to privacy at least in the restroom?! I remember when people used to get kicked out of the place of business if they went into the opposite genders washroom if they went in because theirs was busy and they couldn't hold it anymore. And so now females no matter age are in more danger of rape and molestation etc. because of political correctness. The devil is rampant and his "job" to himself, is too confuse and cause chaos. We need to make out voices heard. Keep praying. Praying theheart theheart theheart rosary rosary rosary hug
Oct 15th 2013 new
Ahh, they say the new approval (new normal) for everything is NOT to speak up!!!

We constantly need to REACT AND RAISE OUR VOICES. We need STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!

Check what OUR VETS ARE DOING with the barricaded memorial!

Whatever happened to the motorcycle and tractor trailer rally on the White House? The media gave them very little air time. (I still saw nothing about them, but I tried to stay awake to see it, but Foxnews didn't show anything).But i heard later the press gave them a few minutes airtime.

Every one needs to make a stand concerning these foolish notions. Our liberties are at stake!!
Oct 15th 2013 new
Sorry wrong forum, but SAME IDEA!!
Oct 15th 2013 new
When I first read about this ridiculous law being passed this problem was the first thing thing that crossed my mind. It just goes to show how out of touch with teens, those who are responsible for this law being passed are. Some people would tell me what do I know about teens when I never had any children of my own. It really amazes me.

Oct 15th 2013 new
It is interesting that the boy can claim transgender status (and how does he prove it) just by stating it - he may just want to look at the girls. I feel so sorry for the kids in school, especially public but I am sure with our communist president Obama in charge the assault on religious liberty will only worsen. We must pray and pray some more, especially the rosary. Many people are choosing to educate their children at home and who can blame them.
Oct 16th 2013 new
This kid is no more "transgendered" than you or I. He's having a blast playing the system. We will only see more of this unless people have the spine to take a stand. The devil is dancing a jig.
Oct 16th 2013 new
The saddest and scariest thing about all this is how all the rules of society are being tossed for 1 or 2 percent of the population.
Oct 16th 2013 new
(quote) John-559440 said: The saddest and scariest thing about all this is how all the rules of society are being tossed for 1 or 2 percent of the population.
Truly, the inmates have taken control of the asylum.

We normal people, who actually comprise the majority of the population, are now considered the sick ones while the truly sick are considered the new normal and healthy people.
Posts 1 - 10 of 40