Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 16th 2013 new
(quote) John-559440 said: The saddest and scariest thing about all this is how all the rules of society are being tossed for 1 or 2 percent of the population.
Gay "marriage" and now this. In the early days of the politically correct movement, I can recall reading about a small town that had a Nativity display in the town square. One non-Christian family moved there- just one family- and they started complaining that they found it offensive. Eventually the town gave in and removed it. Sharia law, "honor" killings and female genital mutilation have become common in some European countries because no one had the stones to stop it in it's tracks.
Oct 16th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: This kid is no more "transgendered" than you or I. He's having a blast playing the system. We will only see more of this unless people have the spine to take a stand. The devil is dancing a jig.
When parents complain and school officials side with so-called transgender, students are being threatened with being kicked off athletic teams or charged with hate crimes if they continued to voice concerns, you better believe we are going to see more of this. I am just wondering how many "transgenders" work in that school system
Oct 18th 2013 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said: Saw this coming! I mean, what hot-blooded high school boy wouldn't want to say he's a transgender? You get to go into the girls bathroom (and locker room?.....can someone say shower?)

I also saw this coming. It's not just schools although anything with our children is worse. It has been a problem in some business offices and will probably spread to public places - restaurants, stores, theaters and sporting events, etc.
Oct 18th 2013 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said: what hot-blooded high school boy wouldn't want to say he's a transgender? You get to go into the girls bathroom (and locker room?)
Thankfully, this is not what is happening. Someone else thought the student was "having a blast playing the system."

I'm not arguing against your concerns, I do want to point out though that this is not simply a case of a boy making a statement of being transgendered to get a look at girls.
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Mike-905381 said: Thankfully, this is not what is happening. Someone else thought the student was "having a blast playing the system."

I'm not arguing against your concerns, I do want to point out though that this is not simply a case of a boy making a statement of being transgendered to get a look at girls.
I understand that you do not wish to argue, but how is that you know this.
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: I understand that you do not wish to argue, but how is that you know this.
How is it that you know the opposite?
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Greg-902815 said: How is it that you know the opposite?
Greg have you read this article. It does not validate that this student really is trans-gender just because he claims to be. But it does say he has harassed girls in the bathroom.

Wendy said what hot-blooded high school boy wouldn't want to say he's a transgender? You get to go into the girls bathroom (and locker room?) . She is correct.
Mike respectfully responded Thankfully, this is not what is happening. Someone else thought the student was "having a blast playing the system. When he starts the statement with Thankfully and follows it with I'm not arguing against your concerns, I do want to point out though that this is not simply a case of a boy making a statement of being transgendered to get a look at girls., he is communicating that he is understanding every ones concern, but that he has more knowledge about these incidents. Naturally I am curious about it.

www.cbn.com

Oct 19th 2013 new
The inmates are running the asylum. America's schools have gone from teaching fundamentals to pushing insanity on schoolchildren.
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: Greg have you read this article. It does not validate that this student really is trans-gender just because he claims to be. But it does say he has harassed girls in the bathroom.

Wendy said what hot-blooded high school boy wouldn't want to say he's a transgender? You get to go into the girls bathroom (and locker room?) . She is correct.
Mike respectfully responded Thankfully, this is not what is happening. Someone else thought the student was "having a blast playing the system. When he starts the statement with Thankfully and follows it with I'm not arguing against your concerns, I do want to point out though that this is not simply a case of a boy making a statement of being transgendered to get a look at girls., he is communicating that he is understanding every ones concern, but that he has more knowledge about these incidents. Naturally I am curious about it.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2013/October/No-Recourse-for-Girls-Harassed-by-Transgender-Student/

There's no such thing as transgender and that's the OBJECTIVE truth. Homosexuality isn't wrong because of it's being a "bad experience", it's wrong because of it's being in violation of God's moral law. People who do this, are doing it because they are PERVERTS. People are already getting bogged down with why he's doing it and putting a twist on it and therein lies the trap. It DOESN'T MATTER why he's doing it, it matters that he is simply doing it.
Oct 19th 2013 new
The statement of "hot-blooded boys" conjures up images of the typical male, dressed in typical male clothing, being allowed to make a simple statement of , "I'm transgendered." From there, they are free to walk in to a girls restroom to see what they would like to see. That is not happening because the details have not been reported as such.

This morning I read the local Colorado blog for this district. I listened to an audio interview, I read The PJI website, I saw a follow up letter PJI had sent to district lawyers, I read statements by those high school students both for and against. None of them talk of the typical male in the typical clothes deciding one day to "have a blast playing the system." They speak of a student who wants to be a girl - even the ones who dislike what the student is doing refer to the student as "she"

(Again I was not looking to debate if that student is right or wrong in their gender identity issues. But I do want to say that this individual needs our prayers. They are having issues with their gender identity. And they are not the typical hot-blooded male seeking kicks) Just as important, the students, families, and district personnel need our prayers.

On a separate note, I mistakenly thought the student was picking fights with the biological girls. I thought those girls were being ridiculed by the student. I was also worried the student was physically harming the girls. Thankfully, my confusion was cleared up by the PJI. They clarified that by harassment, they meant the physical presence of the biological male in the same bathroom. They were not contending that any of my concerns had taken place.
Posts 11 - 20 of 40