Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 20th 2013 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said: As a point of curiosity, what does the church say on the subject of "transgender" individuals? Surely He is not happy that some people want to return the body He has given them and exchange it for a different model.
That is a good point Karen, and I love what you are saying here but as Tom of Fairfield, California said .."There are 'many' human beings who are born with both pairs.And often one pair is snipped off after birth.How do we know that their true sex was properly chosen?" So maybe they feel like they want back what was thrown away at birth instead of what they were left with. Praying rosary from theheart
Oct 20th 2013 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said: As a point of curiosity, what does the church say on the subject of "transgender" individuals? Surely He is not happy that some people want to return the body He has given them and exchange it for a different model.
The churches position is the same as for homosexuals.

Just a guess on my part, but a person is born either make of female no matter what sex organs that may or may not exist. I suspect that a DNA test would provide positive proof of just what sex a person truly is.

The Church probably disapproves of any operations that change a person from one sex to the other.
Oct 20th 2013 new
Another box they opened! rolling eyes
Oct 20th 2013 new
The devil hates women. God's plan means the devil must bow to a mere woman as his queen. His pride was too great for that! rosary
Oct 20th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-112790 said: Thanks for the rational response.And just a bit of biological /scientific info-- ...There are 'many' human beings who are born with both pairs.And often one pair is snipped off after birth.How do we know that their true sex was properly chosen?
There is a lot more complexity to the issue than just the freakshow image.
There are also full fledged hermaphrodites out there...but these numbers have been artificially reduced thru surgery done to the infant.
Its a tough world out there.
that all being said--I dont think that allowing transgendered into the 'other' restroom/lockers in school is a good idea.
Unisex restrooms have been around quite awhile now. Why not promote that in schools instead of forcing a law on us forcing our children to deal with these uncomfortable issues in the locker rooms and restrooms? School is tough enough for many kids, including those that are confused about their gender.
Oct 20th 2013 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: The churches position is the same as for homosexuals.

Just a guess on my part, but a person is born either make of female no matter what sex organs that may or may not exist. I suspect that a DNA test would provide positive proof of just what sex a person truly is.

The Church probably disapproves of any operations that change a person from one sex to the other.
Paul----
Yes you are just guessing. Some people are born as true hermaphrodites....and there are cases of natural gender change in those born slightly dominant female or male.
Oct 21st 2013 new
www.isna.org

Complicated stuff! Other websites (along with the one above, I guess - depending on what we term as intersexed) put the frequency at 1 in every 2000 births. That's much more common than I would have ever guessed.
Oct 21st 2013 new
(quote) Tom-112790 said: Paul----
Yes you are just guessing. Some people are born as true hermaphrodites....and there are cases of natural gender change in those born slightly dominant female or male.
That still does not address the fact that a person's DNA and chromosomes is the determinate of what sex they are.

No person is born with both male and female chromosomes, even a true hermaphrodite which just means they are born with both organs.
Oct 21st 2013 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: No person is born with both male and female chromosomes
Chromosomes on their own (X or Y) are neither male nor female
It's the pairing of these 2 chromosomes that determines the gender
Each person normally has one pair of sex chromosomes in each cell
Males who have one X and one Y chromosome (XY)
Females have two X chromosomes (XX)

The link I previously posted shows statistics take from an article by a Brown University researcher. Of the many statistics on the differing types of interesexed individuals, most notably were 2 types of births:

Babies having: Not XX and not XY one in 1,666 births
Babies having: Klinefelter (XXY) one in 1,000 births

The statement I draw from that data is:
Some persons are born without the typical male (XY) or typical female (XX) pairing of chromosomes.
Oct 21st 2013 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: No person is born with both male and female chromosomes, even a true hermaphrodite which just means they are born with both organs.
Actually all normal males have both male (Y) and female (X) chromosomes.

Normal human females have a 46,XX karyotype; normal human males are 46,XY (46 is the total number of chromosomes; the letters following describe the sex chromosomes).

True hermaphrodites may have a single abnormal karyotype (e.g., 47,XXY - Klinefelter syndrome) or they may have mosaic karyotypes (different cells have different karyotypes) (e.g., 46,XX/46,XY, or 46,XX/47,XXY).

Posts 31 - 40 of 40