Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 17th 2013 new
Praying that you find a job and that you know that God will some times close a door but open a window. Trust that all your needs will be taken care of. Many local social groups provide electrical support, or gas and others like food banks some times have other ways to support. Please in love in Jesus name.
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Justin-1002926 said: Thanks Eric
I just woke up from a nap and I feel much less negative and gentle in spirit.
Justin
What are you doing Justin? A part of me feels like you are playing with us and mocking the Church, and a part of me is deeply prayerful for peace with your spirit. I would love to have you tell me honestly that my sense is wrong on the first part.
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: What are you doing Justin? A part of me feels like you are playing with us and mocking the Church, and a part of me is deeply prayerful for peace with your spirit. I would love to have you tell me honestly that my sense is wrong on the first part.
John
Honestly, your sense is wrong on the first part. I do appreciate your concern though. I will strive to be more conscientious towards my future posts as to not convey a message which others may perceive to be deceitful - as in this case. Hopefully, this helps.
Justin
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: What are you doing Justin? A part of me feels like you are playing with us and mocking the Church, and a part of me is deeply prayerful for peace with your spirit. I would love to have you tell me honestly that my sense is wrong on the first part.
And so John would you feel compelled to mock other who YOU believe are mocking the Church. Two WRONGS do not make a RIGHT brother in Christ.
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Michelle-860764 said: And so John would you feel compelled to mock other who YOU believe are mocking the Church. Two WRONGS do not make a RIGHT brother in Christ.
Michelle, I was just expressing my first reaction. I did state how his comments made me feel. But I believe I asked him to tell me if my feelings are misplaced.

Michelle, I have nine children and I also work in a very complex environment so I am pretty good at deciphering BS. When to me Justin is so rash as to throw in the towel, so to speak, regarding such an important matter then suddenly a few hours later everything is ok in a healthy person's head (just by taking a nap), then there is THE CHANCE of game playing going on. I didn't conclude that Justin is game playing or being very moody sarcastic, but a part of me suspects it, so I am asking him to clear it up for me here (or in private).

I have not concluded anything, but you are reacting as if I have. Nope, sorry. I simply expressed my impression (which may or may not be true); I did not express a judgment. Data is lacking.

I would like to hear from Justin, here or in private, preferably here. But if not, my initial impression is just want it was at first writing.

If Justin can lay out his feelings here, why can't I do the same? BTW, what does that tell us WHERE feelings can get us, if we go further with them then we should?

Making decisions on feelings and emotions alone is likely to fail.

But Michelle, if I am reading your whole comment correctly, by implying "two wrongs", you are implying that the first party is "mocking" (presumably the first wrong), so if I were to call it out as a definite (which I am not) would I then not be correct? Hence the "two wrongs" scenario does not materialize and is not as you say tongue
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Justin-1002926 said: John
Honestly, your sense is wrong on the first part. I do appreciate your concern though. I will strive to be more conscientious towards my future posts as to not convey a message which others may perceive to be deceitful - as in this case. Hopefully, this helps.
Justin
Justin, Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your response and will take it at face value this time. Like I said, I was just expressing my impression and thank you for being man enough to receive it well. Be assured that I will double up with my prayers on your behalf. What you seem to be struggling with is a very serious matter. In Christ through Mary, John
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Michelle, I was just expressing my first reaction. I did state how his comments made me feel. But I believe I asked him to tell me if my feelings are misplaced.

Michelle, I have nine children and I also work in a very complex environment so I am pretty good at deciphering BS. When to me Justin is so rash as to throw in the towel, so to speak, regarding such an important matter then suddenly a few hours later everything is ok in a healthy person's head (just by taking a nap), then there is THE CHANCE of game playing going on. I didn't conclude that Justin is game playing or being very moody sarcastic, but a part of me suspects it, so I am asking him to clear it up for me here (or in private).

I have not concluded anything, but you are reacting as if I have. Nope, sorry. I simply expressed my impression (which may or may not be true); I did not express a judgment. Data is lacking.

I would like to hear from Justin, here or in private, preferably here. But if not, my initial impression is just want it was at first writing.

If Justin can lay out his feelings here, why can't I do the same? BTW, what does that tell us WHERE feelings can get us, if we go further with them then we should?

Making decisions on feelings and emotions alone is likely to fail.

But Michelle, if I am reading your whole comment correctly, by implying "two wrongs", you are implying that the first party is "mocking" (presumably the first wrong), so if I were to call it out as a definite (which I am not) would I then not be correct? Hence the "two wrongs" scenario does not materialize and is not as you say
I believe it's a pride issue John. Who is calling who out? God only knows. Have a lovely day sir. wave
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Justin-1002926 said: I've been in the church all my life. Given plenty of time, service, and money. So I decided it was time for them to help me out because I'm unemployed. My parish won't help. Is there a way to get a refund of money donated. If not I'm done.
Haha, yeah I wish! I know many people who would love to have returned the time and money they gave to the local parish only to watch the parish get destroyed. It's sad to watch pastors blow $50 grand as if it were $50.

There are priests who will help you out, though. Maybe you should look for another parish.
Oct 17th 2013 new
What type of work are you looking for right now? Is your hair still long? Some times you got to play the game, as long as you don't sin. Expecting help when you aren't willing to part with your locks might not be seen as fair to those who are also out of work, doing all they can to find it and some even have other mouths to feed. On a side note: mid-90s punk? What about the late 80s early 90s?
Oct 17th 2013 new
If every Catholic based their faith on feelings there would be no Catholics.
Posts 11 - 20 of 50