Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: If every Catholic based their faith on feelings there would be no Catholics.
A common affliction, I'm afraid.
Oct 17th 2013 new
Hi Justin,

Catholic Charities is the larger organization that has many divisions of assistance for varying communites needs and us a great resource.

Im sorry your parish did not seem to suggest, but I encourage you to get in touch with your local division. If they cannot assist directly, they may have some recommendations or provide direction.

In the meantime, might I also suggest your local workforce center, and applying with a number of local temp services? I have been in staffing industry for a number of years, and often temp positions can become permanent. They can get your foot in the door to a number of unadvertised opportunities!

Best wishes and prayers to you!
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: What type of work are you looking for right now? Is your hair still long? Some times you got to play the game, as long as you don't sin. Expecting help when you aren't willing to part with your locks might not be seen as fair to those who are also out of work, doing all they can to find it and some even have other mouths to feed. On a side note: mid-90s punk? What about the late 80s early 90s?
Good point Lynea. My hair is still long. I enjoy manual labor which requires continuous physical exertion. Like warehousing, manufacturing, merchandising etc.

Yes my musical preference is mid 90s melodic punk. I do like 80s to early 90s as well.

Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Justin-1002926 said: John
Honestly, your sense is wrong on the first part. I do appreciate your concern though. I will strive to be more conscientious towards my future posts as to not convey a message which others may perceive to be deceitful - as in this case. Hopefully, this helps.
Justin
Don't worry about it man. Look at what these guys (and gals) do with the money you give: www.podles.org
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: If every Catholic based their faith on feelings there would be no Catholics.
Interesting point of view. For me, I can definitely be an emotional basket case at times and let my feelings take over my intellect. When that happens my ability to reason is obscured to the point where I need others to draw me back to reality. It's how I perceive things "to be" which triggers a particular emotional response.
Oct 17th 2013 new
That describes anyone. Just be inspired by the saints, and especially the martyrs, who looked to emulate our Lord's Passion at any opportunity,in his mercy, gave them.
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Tricia-321356 said: Hi Justin,

Catholic Charities is the larger organization that has many divisions of assistance for varying communites needs and us a great resource.

Im sorry your parish did not seem to suggest, but I encourage you to get in touch with your local division. If they cannot assist directly, they may have some recommendations or provide direction.

In the meantime, might I also suggest your local workforce center, and applying with a number of local temp services? I have been in staffing industry for a number of years, and often temp positions can become permanent. They can get your foot in the door to a number of unadvertised opportunities!

Best wishes and prayers to you!
Thanks Tricia!
I contacted a local staffing agency and I will be starting work this Monday.
Oct 17th 2013 new
It's ok Justin, we will be praying for you. And that's what we are suppose to be here for ~ for each other! That's what Catholics do! I think sometimes some people forget and jump to conclusions. And judgements. Perhaps they are afraid of falling themselves so jump on others instead. That may be their weakness. So just don't be afraid to ask for help and be yourself. We do what we can. We are all human. wink Praying theheart hug
Oct 17th 2013 new
Being unemployed is hard - there's so much uncertainty and worry. Be sure that God loves you and he's on your side.
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: That describes anyone. Just be inspired by the saints, and especially the martyrs, who looked to emulate our Lord's Passion at any opportunity,in his mercy, gave them.
I understand. But please do not broadcast things that are on my profile to the forums in the future. Ie punk rock. I would not do this to anyone one else. Thank you.
Posts 21 - 30 of 50