Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 17th 2013 new
Have you sought out the St Vincent de Paul Society? I know that they are located in their own community as well as based in other Parishes, i.e, the "St Vincent de Paul Closet"; and they usually have a fund set up to help with a few things like electricity, water, groceries, etc
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-997821 said: Have you sought out the St Vincent de Paul Society? I know that they are located in their own community as well as based in other Parishes, i.e, the "St Vincent de Paul Closet"; and they usually have a fund set up to help with a few things like electricity, water, groceries, etc
Nope. In this this short period I've realized I don't need help, a bail out, or any sort of assistance. I will get a job and kick ass on my own. I have a strong work ethic, I make it happen, and I give 110%. I would rather live on the streets playing my guitar before a hand out. I've created my circumstances and it's my responsibility to take command of my life as it is.
Oct 17th 2013 new
Check out ,Catholic charities in your area for various services offered, you are at a point in your life where you are open to spiritual attacks, that's when you need to pray harder and be persistent, perhaps your parish didn't have the programs to help you, keep on keeping on!!
Oct 17th 2013 new
Praying Praying Praying theheart theheart rosary

Prayers for you Justin, although I am well aware that you have very physical needs. Perhaps my prayers wilI bring in God's grace to meet those needs.

Kathleen
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Kathleen-878558 said:

Prayers for you Justin, although I am well aware that you have very physical needs. Perhaps my prayers wilI bring in God's grace to meet those needs.

Kathleen
Kathleen,
I'm not sure how the spiritual realm operates. It's non of my business. But I will tell you, I appreciate your prayers. Thank You in Sincerity,
Justin
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: What are you doing Justin? A part of me feels like you are playing with us and mocking the Church, and a part of me is deeply prayerful for peace with your spirit. I would love to have you tell me honestly that my sense is wrong on the first part.
Why do you question me? I feel interegated. I don't you. How would feel if I interegated you? Which I won't.
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Justin-1002926 said: Thanks Tricia!
I contacted a local staffing agency and I will be starting work this Monday.
Awesome!

Hope things go well for you!

Wishing you many blessings!
Oct 17th 2013 new
Justin,

I once felt the same way, and still do at times. I remember giving plenty of time, talent, and treasure to a parish back in Atlanta, only to be disrespected by a small but significant group of people. To be fair, the vast majority of the congregation were and still are great, but there were just enough to get under my skin, through criticism, judgment, shame, fear, and again, disrespect. I even had two people actually tell me I still wasn't "Catholic enough", based on what I wore to Mass or which Mass I attended. It got to the point where I had to wonder if it really is the true Church.

But as was said in an earlier response, it easily could be the particular parish. I had this happen to me years ago with a parish group that accepted you just fine if you did everything they wanted from you. But if you said no to any of their requests, you were dropped like a rock and shunned. I ended up going to my grandmother's parish twenty minutes away (the original parish was two blocks away), and only participated in Mass and the Sacraments. I later went back to that original parish for a friend's funeral, and one of the deacons came to me and asked me why I left, saying that they "had plans for me." I'm pretty sure that my plans are solely between me and God, and don't involve someone else who thinks they know God's will.

Then I received an offer to move from Atlanta to South Carolina, and I felt it was God's way of taking me out of that bad situation (which really screwed me up) and put me somewhere better, at least for a while. My job here isn't permanent, but I've met some wonderful Catholics here who welcome me regardless of how I practice my faith. I still visit Atlanta frequently and intend to move back when my assignment ends, but I don't attend Mass at that former ATL parish any longer and choose from various other parishes instead.

So, again, it may very well be just that parish. As my good friend Abbie said, there are plenty of other parishes in the Atlanta area to choose from to find that right fit.

But I'll tell you, the thought of seeing if the grass is greener in other denominations does still occasionally cross my mind. My faith hasn't changed, but these bad experiences have unfortunately taken away much of my passion and zeal, except for supporting LifeTeen. Most of the time the kids are more mature than the adults.

Hope this helps. You're not alone.
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Justin-1002926 said: Why do you question me? I feel interegated. I don't you. How would feel if I interegated you? Which I won't.
Justin, I stated plainly that it was a sense I had based on what you wrote. I normally would not question any serious request for prayer, but just offer it. I often pray for requests here without even acknowledging here that I will; it's not necessary. But when you flipped your perspective it just struck me as rather odd. So, I put it forward because I have an inquisitive nature. That's all. You answered my doubt and so I am taking you for your word. Does that help clear up the matter for you? You are free to ask me or challenge me if something doesn't make sense to you about what I say or claim to do. But if you choose not, that's fine too.
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Justin-1002926 said: Why do you question me? I feel interegated. I don't you. How would feel if I interegated you? Which I won't.
I bet that's how Jesus felt much of the time. sad

Prayer:
Thank you Jesus for loving us even though we know not what we do. I love you Jesus. theheart
Posts 31 - 40 of 50