Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 18th 2013 new
Prayers offered for good employment and all other things that are needed.
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: What are you doing Justin? A part of me feels like you are playing with us and mocking the Church, and a part of me is deeply prayerful for peace with your spirit. I would love to have you tell me honestly that my sense is wrong on the first part.
John, your post helped me realize something. It's best to read through the responses. I know it can be time consuming.
But the point of view of the original poster on this or any other thread can change. If someone just responds without reading through the other responses, it can be untimely or moot.
Oct 19th 2013 new
Yes, I overlooked that in this thread, glad that you noticed that too. Also, I notice here that I have a hard time (an impatience) dealing with moody behavior. Too much of a reminder of adolescence? don't know... :shrug:
Oct 20th 2013 new
Three little words filled with BIG hope .... Catholic Relief Services (crs.org). Now that you are feeling better seek them out as they can provide financial, emotional, and spiritual support in a time when you need it the most.
Oct 20th 2013 new
What about contacting Catholic Charities?They sometimes give cash grants for specific needs. Also in these times of economic hardship for so many, there seem to be more people using food pantries to help them get by rough times. There is no shame in asking for help.
Nov 2nd 2013 new
O no! Justin! Seriously? I'm so sorry you can't find a job. The church is there to pray for you, buddy, not to employ you:) I'll pray that you find a job. In fact, you could pray a novena to St. Joseph. PLEASE don't leave the church beause of that. Do it because they haven't excommunicated Joe Biden, but not because of that:) HAHA! (See my post "Pray For Me") Well, God bless and keep me in your prayers too.
Nov 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Justin-1002926 said: I understand. But please do not broadcast things that are on my profile to the forums in the future. Ie punk rock. I would not do this to anyone one else. Thank you.
When I read your comment, above, it seems to snap undeservedly at the person who referred to your preference for punk rock. Perhaps you don't realize it, but everything you entered into your profile has been "broadcast"-- by you.
Nov 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Michael-968240 said: O no! Justin! Seriously? .................... Do it because they haven't excommunicated Joe Biden................
Seriously? laughinglaughinglaughing
Nov 3rd 2013 new
I love the levity about booting Biden, Pelosi, et al. Mass murderers through their promotion of abortion shouldn't be calling themselves Catholic believers. But they do... its so embarrassing.

Hey, what occurred to me is that it is so easy to forget the only purpose of the church is to edify, to strengthen believers ("forsaking not the assembly of believers, but exhorting one another...". Yes, in the church we do lots of things, have our little committees, play silly politics, do the giving trees, etc., but really, you're there to be with God, to be with others who want to be with God, to let the Spirit fill your heart and thus strengthen yourself while strengthening others. God works paradoxically in that when we give we receive. Conversely, when we seek to receive, we feel we've lost what little we had and are painfully lost inside.
I have been to many protestant churches over the years and yes, so many are much more sociable and other-oriented than what I see in Catholic churches where people are often in their own space, giving vibes to "leave me alone with God." It can be lonely as a Catholic. But are we there to give, to give our spirits to God, to let Him flow through our hands as we say the Lord's Prayer, to have the opportunity to smile genuinely to the people near us? Somehow, paradoxically, we then receive in some way.
I appreciate the connection with the charitable arm of the church. Thanks to whoever suggested it. He needs money and direction.

Lets bless someone tonight, even if its just a prayer in the silence of our lonely rooms. Then simply notice how we feel in our spirits, knowing the Holy Spirit is up to something.
Nov 4th 2013 new
(quote) Gary-927394 said: I love the levity about booting Biden, Pelosi, et al. Mass murderers through their promotion of abortion shouldn't be calling themselves Catholic believers. But they do... its so embarrassing.

Hey, what occurred to me is that it is so easy to forget the only purpose of the church is to edify, to strengthen believers ("forsaking not the assembly of believers, but exhorting one another...". Yes, in the church we do lots of things, have our little committees, play silly politics, do the giving trees, etc., but really, you're there to be with God, to be with others who want to be with God, to let the Spirit fill your heart and thus strengthen yourself while strengthening others. God works paradoxically in that when we give we receive. Conversely, when we seek to receive, we feel we've lost what little we had and are painfully lost inside.
I have been to many protestant churches over the years and yes, so many are much more sociable and other-oriented than what I see in Catholic churches where people are often in their own space, giving vibes to "leave me alone with God." It can be lonely as a Catholic. But are we there to give, to give our spirits to God, to let Him flow through our hands as we say the Lord's Prayer, to have the opportunity to smile genuinely to the people near us? Somehow, paradoxically, we then receive in some way.
I appreciate the connection with the charitable arm of the church. Thanks to whoever suggested it. He needs money and direction.

Lets bless someone tonight, even if its just a prayer in the silence of our lonely rooms. Then simply notice how we feel in our spirits, knowing the Holy Spirit is up to something.
Why excommunicate Biden or Pelosi when nothing ever happened to Fr. Bob Drinan, SJ, or Fr. Charlie Curran? Drinan was against laws banning partial birth abortion.
Posts 41 - 50 of 50