Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 27th 2013 new
(quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: I will go against the others, and say that at any age, I wouldn't hesitate to come right out and ask, even if the man is Catholic, and on this site. Of course, if he states that he does not agree with the Church's position on premarital sex on his profile, you can bet that he is sexually active. Even though you are only 20, you probably already know that men, even Catholic men, can be swayed by sexual activity, so you will have to hold fast to your values, and be prepared that other women, even Catholic women on this site, will take shortcuts.
But most women here are not so desperate or cheap, and will hold fast to our Catholic values, even under pressure, or loss of a relationship. Ultimately, you are the only one responsible for your own body, so value it as your temple, and safeguard it from those who do not act in that way. Make sure from the outset that any men who you date, have the same values that you do, and that they value you enough to wait to experience any and all acts that are intended to bond "married" persons together. Remember that it is the people who are easy with their sexuality, who continue to have multiple partners, encounters, and random sexual experiences. The probability of contacting a social sexual disease increases greatly, the more partners a man or woman has, and how frequently they occur. Keep yourself safe by staying away from them. A one night encounter is not worth risking your life, or lifetime of having to live with a social sexual disease. Peace & Wisdom, Jacqueline
Oct 27th 2013 new
(quote) Ronald-937125 said: Related to this site, I would probably send a note to someone about it if she asked me to visit her and stay at her place.
Maybe I should ask my dance teacher about it, since she is single and sometimes dances too close to me when I'm taking a lesson with her. I don't think that I would ask about STDs with anyone unless I was interested in courting them; it wouldn't be any of my business.
Ron, Many people have guest rooms in their homes to house guests who visit them. If there is no guest room, then maybe you are correct in your assumptions.
Oct 27th 2013 new
(quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: Ron, Many people have guest rooms in their homes to house guests who visit them. If there is no guest room, then maybe you are correct in your assumptions.
Yes, I know that many have guest rooms including me, but I would ask to clarify, especially if I've never met the woman before. I would assume that she had a guest room...even if a woman didn't have Chistian values I would assume that she would not consider having sex with someone until after she met the person.
Oct 28th 2013 new
(quote) Ronald-937125 said: Yes, I know that many have guest rooms including me, but I would ask to clarify, especially if I've never met the woman before. I would assume that she had a guest room...even if a woman didn't have Chistian values I would assume that she would not consider having sex with someone until after she met the person.
They key here is don't assume anything, either negative or positive. Ask questions first, and set parameters. I doubt that any woman on this site, would invite a man to her home to visit, or to visit him, without having significant contact with him first, e.g., getting to know him first, and verifying that what he tells one about himself is actually true, e.g., single, where he says that he lives, works, attends mass regularly, and much more. If visiting one from out of town, many would elect to stay in a hotel. But as many already know, doing this may be not only expensive for either, but hotels have their issues that may be much more problematic than at a private residence. Either way, I think that in reference to the initial writer's question, it is incorrect to be either too unquestioning, or too untrusting. There should be some reliance that persons on a Catholic website, would hold to Catholic values.
Oct 30th 2013 new
(quote) Lenn-1017174 said: If you are attracted to someone and commence communicating and "if" I was a woman
I would ask before the first date. Since this is a dating site chances are the guy you meet
is not going to be your next door neighbor. You should be communicating long enough
that you feel comfortable talking about anything. It should not be uncomfortable asking
him to provide or take a STD test. If he refuses either one...he's not your guy. Be totally
open about this and everything. Be willing to make an appointment for them. Being a guy
I can say without bias. Most guys just need a nudge in the right direction to get the ball rolling.
Most guys are not current on their tetanus shots, out alone an STD report:). Show this
potential mate you care about them, yourself and everything about both as a couple.
If he's too squirrely he's got some growing up to do. If he refuses, don't swap spit or anything else.
It will only increase his respect for you and your own respect for yourself.
btw if he refuses he does not deserve your respect "or anything else you bring to the table including your
health or your body"
What he's bringing to the table better be equally good.
You do not have to get loud to hold your mark or level of standard. Lovingly hold each other accountable.
Your gentle kindness will move a mountain of a man in the right direction to please you. Plus you
will see how big he is from the inside out. His mental maturity will become apparent.
Actions speak louder than words.
Lenn
This seems like good advice, thank-you.
Posts 121 - 125 of 125