Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 17 new
Albert -- you sure are big on deciding you know the reasons and thinking behind every woman's decisions, aren't you?
Oct 17 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: okay..............be honest now...............I'm usually bright but can be a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

How do folks feel about the book learning of their dates?
I "believe" to much "thinking" can sometimes cause people to forget about..........Empathy, Humility and Love.

It's nice to find people who use their heads and their hearts to relate to others.

Oct 17 new
(quote) Michelle-860764 said: I "believe" too much "thinking" can sometimes cause people to forget about..........Empathy, Humility and Love.

It's nice to find people who use their heads and their hearts to relate to others.

Somebody nailed it! If you don't have empathy, humility and love, I don't care if you can build nuclear reactors in your spare time, you have nothing. You may have all the degrees in the world but you have nothing

It all comes down to Empathy, Humility and Love for without them you don't know God. And not having God is the beginning of true loneliness.
Oct 17 new
Someone define brainiac please. Is there objective criteria or just subjective criteria. Are we talking about IQ, multiple academic degrees, common sense? Define please.
Oct 17 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: Someone define brainiac please. Is there objective criteria or just subjective criteria. Are we talking about IQ, multiple academic degrees, common sense? Define please.
Hi Tim, I think Susan means degrees and high IQ, and likes to throw their knowledge around, the know-it-all. That's what I took the term to mean.
Oct 17 new
1 Cor 13
1 Though I command languages both human and angelic -- if I speak without love, I am no more than a gong booming or a cymbal clashing.
2 And though I have the power of prophecy, to penetrate all mysteries and knowledge, and though I have all the faith necessary to move mountains -- if I am without love, I am nothing.

You can be the smartest person in the world, but without love, it's empty and worthless.

Oct 17 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: 1 Cor 13
1 Though I command languages both human and angelic -- if I speak without love, I am no more than a gong booming or a cymbal clashing.
2 And though I have the power of prophecy, to penetrate all mysteries and knowledge, and though I have all the faith necessary to move mountains -- if I am without love, I am nothing.

You can be the smartest person in the world, but without love, it's empty and worthless.

amen Rachel.................

of the other part.........I will put it simply.......in terms of brainiac........I was thinking
the scenario of a lawyer dating a doctor or various other combinations and so on

...............and my latest favourite word of the week.............''pretentious''.........is that
held snobbishly over the head of folks with lower IQ's or vice versa
Oct 17 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: 1 Cor 13

Amen, Rachel. That's the verse I was thinking about but didn't know where it was. Thank you.

Oct 17 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: amen Rachel.................

of the other part.........I will put it simply.......in terms of brainiac........I was thinking
the scenario of a lawyer dating a doctor or various other combinations and so on

...............and my latest favourite word of the week.............''pretentious''.........is that
When I think of pretentious I think of the character on the Big Bang Theory, Dr. Sheldon Cooper, who plays it to great comedic effect. I am sure their are real Sheldon Coopers out there, some who don't even realize it.
Oct 17 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: amen Rachel.................

Pretentious.

attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.
"a pretentious literary device"
synonyms:affected, ostentatious, showy;

So we are really talking about deceit?

Better to discuss concrete things, than playing the one up man game.
Posts 11 - 20 of 43