Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 17 new
If God created us all then he also created our intelligence as is. Whether or not we can/could/did/do expand our brains with knowledge. We are all God's children great or small. In whatever way you want to take that. There is a reason for those who have more brain power or not as much. My husband was a genius and exceeded in all educational feats. I went to college but only have a partial degree in a few areas of study due to parents and life. I am smarter than meets the eye and was a top student early in life. My sibblings all well exceeded the IQ scale but only some have gone to college because they couldn't stand school. If success only means jobs or money or accomplishments as with most brainiacs labels do then the rest of us are doomed. Love is all we need. Prayer and support for one another. Praying theheart hug
Oct 17 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: Pretentious.

attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed."a pretentious literary device"synonyms:affected, ostentatious, showy;

So we are really talking about deceit?

Better to discuss concrete things, than playing the one up man game.
sorry Tim nothing like that intended........I have followed your posts and
find you to be anything but ''that''................I'm afraid I am indulging my warped sense of humour
as I too am still raising children and amuse myself whenever I can

sorry to anyone else also if this is offensive as it is right up my alley ''humour wise''
Oct 17 new
Praying theheart angel
Oct 17 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: Pretentious.

attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed."a pretentious literary device"synonyms:affected, ostentatious, showy;

So we are really talking about deceit?

Better to discuss concrete things, than playing the one up man game.
"An ounce of pretention is worth of pound of manure..." wink
(Steel Magnolias) --

No rocket scientist/nuclear physicist/financial wizard without a heart please. A genuine curiosity and desire for learning, living, and experiencing life are very important. So... the less TV, the better. rose
Oct 17 new
(quote) Michelle-860764 said: I "believe" to much "thinking" can sometimes cause people to forget about..........Empathy, Humility and Love.

It's nice to find people who use their heads and their hearts to relate to others.

I think it's important not to equate intelligence and thinking with being unemphathetic, proud and unloving. I've met many of persons who were not particularly intelligent who also displayed such qualities. I believe I am a heart person and a head person - it doesn't have to be a choice between one or the other.
Oct 17 new
(quote) Kristen-878108 said:  I believe I am a heart person and a head person - it doesn't have to be a choice between one or the other.
Well said, Kristen. smile
Oct 17 new
(quote) Kristen-878108 said: Amen, Sister! If it is not okay to be yourself, then it is not the right situation for you. I am also a deep thinker and love thinking for its own sake. I hope that God will place a man who loves thinking as well as discussion in my life!
This is not about bashing and my comments were not about anyone in particular. There are some very nice people who are very smart as well. I apologize if "I" offended you with anything I said. I just believe that I learn better from people who present things in a kind way. Without smarter people I would not have come this far. I tend to block out the information if it is not presented in a nice way. I hope this makes sense. Most people I have met here have been very nice and helpful whether they are brainiacs or not.

Thanks to all of you. biggrin
Oct 17 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said:

You can be the smartest person in the world, but without love, it's empty and worthless.

YES!
Oct 17 new
My brother Brian has a PhD in philosophy, a masters in economics and a library science degree, yet he cannot properly drive a vehicle. On an occasion where he was driving me home, I became severly nauseated from the experience, lurching motions and all. Having academic smarts does not guarantee practical abilities with hulking, metal masses!
Oct 17 new
(quote) Michelle-860764 said: This is not about bashing and my comments were not about anyone in particular. There are some very nice people who are very smart as well. I apologize if "I" offended you with anything I said. I just believe that I learn better from people who present things in a kind way. Without smarter people I would not have come this far. I tend to block out the information if it is not presented in a nice way. I hope this makes sense. Most people I have met here have been very nice and helpful whether they are brainiacs or not.

Thanks to all of you.
Thanks for your response, Michelle. You have no arguments from me about presenting things in a kind way. I wholeheartedly agree. God bless!
Posts 21 - 30 of 43