Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Oct 19th 2013 new
Skinny jeans for both men and women!
Oct 19th 2013 new
just far too many to mention that are too risqu ................and really poorly fitting
Oct 19th 2013 new
For men, wingtips with sneaker soles. I don't care if they cost $300 - they still look ridiculous. For women, anything Athleta/Lululemon worn in an environment other than the gym or yoga class.
Oct 19th 2013 new
Skinny jeans and leggings should only be worn by the very thin, very young people. Anyone who has looked at themselves in a 3 sided mirror will know why.

More stores should have those 3 sided mirrors
Oct 19th 2013 new
Women with tank tops or other loose tops and most of their bra exposed. I have to laugh when I see that.
Oct 19th 2013 new

belly blouses

very mini skirts ans/or shorts which expose the bottom of the butt cheeks. Very popular right now.
Oct 20th 2013 new
The things is, its the fashion industry that not only creates the demand for some of these fashions that nobody likes, or looks good in, but all too often the style choices are limited to those fashions. For example, the skinny jeans, that are hip-huggers for women, are so very "in," that it is difficult to find any other style in jeans. Also, straight-legged jeans don't look good on very many women, but these are in style too. I like to wear dresses and skirts, but except at mass, I don't see too many women wearing them anymore. Anything that looks so very masculine, on women, I do not care for. But the worst fashion of all, has got to be the dreaded tattoos and two earrings for young men. Right now we are in a fashion-flashback to the 60's and 70's, I have to laugh when I see styles that I used to wear during those decades, reappear.
Oct 20th 2013 new
(assembling soapbox)

What happened to getting dressed before we leave the house? I don't mean pearls and heels- jeans and a clean t shirt are fine- but this business of gym clothes and pajamas worn as clothing drives me nuts!

My other pet peeve is foundation garments worn as clothing. Many women's catalogs are back to the 'bras meant to be seen' advertising schtick. No they aren't! Leggings are not pants- please wear something over the top and make sure the fabric is thick enough that we can't see through them. Regarding men's underwear and women's bras, if somebody wants to see your underthings they will let you know. Foundation garments are not accessories. Men, pull up your pants; women, button your shirt and get a tank that covers your bra straps.

(crabby old lady disassembling soapbox now)

Oct 20th 2013 new
Clothing in general that shows parts of the body that are meant to be seen only in the context of the marital act. This includes clothing that is so tight it might as well not be there.

Oh and the buttons and other odd objects men and woman now are putting in their ear lobes.
Oct 20th 2013 new
Some other fashion failures come to mind, remember in the 1980's the guys mesh tee-shirt and one of my brother-in-laws still has a plaid polyester suit from the 1970's, thankfully he doesn't wear it.
Posts 21 - 30 of 57