Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Oct 25th 2013 new
Comes down to best of 5 now, still like my Sox! Remember they took 2 out of 3 in Detroit :-).
Oct 27th 2013 new
Cardinals win 5-4 in Game 3! highfive It ended with a walk-off on an obstruction call.
Oct 27th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-432657 said: Cardinals win 5-4 in Game 3! It ended with a walk-off on an obstruction call.
I never seen a World Series game end like that. But a win's a win.
Oct 27th 2013 new
Yea!!
Oct 27th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-432657 said: I never seen a World Series game end like that. But a win's a win.
No one ever had. It's the first time ever that a World Series game has ended on an obstruction call.
Oct 28th 2013 new
Cardinals drop Game 4 by the score of 4-2. sad Red Sox Johnny Gomes hit a three run homer in the sixth and Cardinals Kolten Wong was picked up at first in the ninth and that ended the game. Series tied 2-2.
Oct 28th 2013 new
sad weeping
Oct 28th 2013 new
Is this the World Series or the Weird Series? Games ending with a runner being picked off pickoff, Obstruction of the base path or game winning runs scoring on errors. Hopefully we will see someone win by making good plays
Oct 28th 2013 new
(quote) Kevin-696435 said: Is this the World Series or the Weird Series? Games ending with a runner being picked off pickoff, Obstruction of the base path or game winning runs scoring on errors. Hopefully we will see someone win by making good plays
Ah, but this is why baseball is the best sport. baseball You never know what you will see. Two straight games, two wacky endings that have never been seen before in a World Series game.

OK, maybe a pickoff play to first to end the game is not "wacky". But last night was the first time it had ever happened to end a WS game.
Oct 28th 2013 new
Down to best of three, with two in Boston :-) good series, figures the two teams that were tied for the best record in baseball will play 7 games.
Posts 71 - 80 of 103