Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Oct 27th 2013 new
Oops...I should have read on
Oct 27th 2013 new
Pancakes :)
Oct 27th 2013 new
Reading through all of your responses triggered many more memories, some long forgotten. Thanks for taking the time! rose rose rose
Oct 27th 2013 new
I remember the scent of fresh mowed hay and the blended scent of dad's pipe tobacco all mixed together.
I remember the scent of breakfast being prepared, coffee, toast and sausage wafting their aroma upstairs.
Mom never once had to call me from bed in the mornings:)
This time of year the scent of a baking turkey brings memories. Poor ole bird didn't stand a chance:)
Lenn
Oct 27th 2013 new
Yes to all the previous scents, especially cinnamon or caramel rolls, frankincense from church, laundry dried outside. Memories from the swimming pool in my little town: the smell of Coppertone suntan lotion and the smell of chlorine, which would dry onto your skin.
Oct 27th 2013 new
Thank you, Peter, for bringing back so many pleasant memories! Joan//Sunday evening
Oct 27th 2013 new
theheart theheart theheart theheart Jolly Rancher watermelon & apple stix, capgun smoke, the smell of lots of chlorine in the pool, French toast for dinner, my mom's quesadillas and coppertone oil in a tube. :) :) :)
Oct 29th 2013 new
The smell of gasoline as a kid. Getting to pump the car. This was my favorite smell as a child!
Oct 29th 2013 new
Christmas morning cinnamon rolls, woodsmoke, and pine needles.
Oct 29th 2013 new
My favorite aroma from childhood is the bakery. Every Sunday after mass when my parents were finished talking to family and friends on the church steps we would visit one of the two bakeries near the church. We would invariably meet more church friends while standing in line to be served. There were no "tickets" to take or special lines. Everyone just knew who came next. I missed that very much even with my own children as local bakeries disappeared. It was a social gathering after mass.
Posts 51 - 60 of 70