Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Nov 1st 2013 new
I am a Traditional Latin Mass lover ! Thank you for starting this post!
Nov 1st 2013 new
(quote) Gabor-19025 said:

Hi Matt,

Your post was a pleasure to read for many reasons including the tone. I find that if anyone supports tradition in the Forums that it is often attacked and those defending tradition are labelled with the "P" word. Any web links provided to support a position are not read but at the same time refuted?

I am aware that no two people have the same experience so generalisations can be unfair but in the video I posted, the Novus Ordo Mass is very similar to the approximate 5,000 Novus Ordo Masses I have attended all over the world including memories as an Altar Boy as a youngster when I was "closer to the action". I accept your point of view and cannot comment on your experiences. In my local Archdiocese I am very disappointed that anyone that supports tradition (including priests) are generally looked down upon and considered to be a little odd. I particularly find it sad when a TLM priest is mocked and laughed at behind his back by his brother priests. My experiences with those priests are nothing but positive and they are great role models to me.

Very few people claim that the Novus Ordo Mass is invalid. I stay away from it for many reasons but I do not think lesser of those who attend that Mass. I just question why the Church has needed to innovate so aggressively and in the process create division. The division is evident by the many different points of view here. Who is right? The politically correct answer is that we are all right. The infiltration into the Church by various anti-Catholic forces is also something that is widely accepted, even my more "liberal" Catholics. Have those forces had an impact on the Church?

It does delight me when people discover the TLM because it has had a profound impact on me and I wish that impact to be experienced by others. Many I have spoken to feel the same and we are blessed to have access to the TLM on a daily basis where it was non-existent 15 years ago.

I think the point of the liturgical changes was to create divisions and to weaken beliefs by changing the style of worship itself. The Benedictines long have been obsessed with liturgy. So, it was no surprise that the impetus for massive changes in the liturgy came from them...from Maria Laach in Germany, Mont Cesar in Belgium, to St. John's Abbey in Collegeville, MN.

Travel up the ladder in the American Church and elsewhere in the world and one finds that a very small number of influential men made changes that affected millions of believers. In the United States those men included Godfrey Diekmann, Frederick McManus and Rembert Weakland. Weakland and Diekmann are responsible for the introduction of the folk mass in the US. What did these priests believe in, I wonder?
Nov 1st 2013 new
(quote) Sean-851370 said: I think the point of the liturgical changes was to create divisions and to weaken beliefs by changing the style of worship itself. The Benedictines long have been obsessed with liturgy. So, it was no surprise that the impetus for massive changes in the liturgy came from them...from Maria Laach in Germany, Mont Cesar in Belgium, to St. John's Abbey in Collegeville, MN.

Travel up the ladder in the American Church and elsewhere in the world and one finds that a very small number of influential men made changes that affected millions of believers. In the United States those men included Godfrey Diekmann, Frederick McManus and Rembert Weakland. Weakland and Diekmann are responsible for the introduction of the folk mass in the US. What did these priests believe in, I wonder?
Yet another conspiracy from/by Sean. faint
Nov 1st 2013 new
I attended Latin mass today for All Saints Day. There is nothing like the Latin mass. We are abundantly blessed who can attend this mass regularly as it is most efficacious for our salvation.
Nov 1st 2013 new
(quote) Ana-1009178 said: Thank you for starting this thread. You have inspired me to attend traditional Latin Mass this weekend.
That is great news Ana- you will get a lot out of it. God bless theheart
Nov 1st 2013 new
(quote) ED-20630 said: Yet another conspiracy from/by Sean.
Ed,

You ever heard of any of these people or places?

Keep bein' the genius you are. I'm in awe of your brilliance.
Nov 1st 2013 new
(quote) Gabor-19025 said: That is great news Ana- you will get a lot out of it. God bless
Thank you, Gabor. I'm very much looking forward to it. God bless you! theheart
Nov 1st 2013 new
(quote) Sean-851370 said: I think the point of the liturgical changes was to create divisions and to weaken beliefs by changing the style of worship itself. 
Division- there's plenty of it here so you don't have to travel far to find it.

Could anyone have scripted the Liturgical revolution of the 60's? A Freemason with 6 Protestant advisors being key players in replacing the Mass of 1,500 years? Would the NFL employ 6 baseball players to rewrite the rules of their sport? The supposed reason- to attract more Protestants to the Holy Mass. Instead the only key performance indicators that are rocking are priest-less parishes and annulments.

Conspiracy theory or some truth to it?
Nov 1st 2013 new
(quote) Sean-851370 said: Ed,

You ever heard of any of these people or places?

Keep bein' the genius you are. I'm in awe of your brilliance.
Thank you for your awe. I'll keep trying.

Ed
Nov 1st 2013 new
(quote) Gabor-19025 said: Division- there's plenty of it here so you don't have to travel far to find it.

Could anyone have scripted the Liturgical revolution of the 60's? A Freemason with 6 Protestant advisors being key players in replacing the Mass of 1,500 years? Would the NFL employ 6 baseball players to rewrite the rules of their sport? The supposed reason- to attract more Protestants to the Holy Mass. Instead the only key performance indicators that are rocking are priest-less parishes and annulments.

Conspiracy theory or some truth to it?
There is almost always some element/kernel of truth to any conspiracy. That is what makes the rest of it so believable.... But 1-10% truth doesn't make the whole story true.

Ed
Posts 31 - 40 of 70