Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 20th 2013 new
Thanks for the insights, guys. I don't consider this entire process dire, but no one can deny the fact that it is a pick and chose and sometimes a discard environment. Why? Because it can be. Simple as that. It took me so long to get over the bad taste that on-line "dating" left in my mouth to actually put myself on this site. I remember shaking to no end, but I have learned a lot. No doubt, but we can't discount that in the end we are up for a look and a brush or a look and a deeper connection. However, there is always Hope. Always biggrin
Oct 20th 2013 new
Well if nothing else at least we are all on here doing what we can to make ourselves visible to other people that are seeking sacramental marriage. All we can control is that we show interest in profiles and post in these forums and if we catch someone's eye than great. If it wasn't for this resource I'd be sitting on my hands wondering what is out there.
Oct 20th 2013 new
Very true, Joseph. Very true!
Oct 20th 2013 new
One strike your out.....Skip strike two and three
Oct 20th 2013 new
What do you mean by One strike your are out? Can you explain for me? Signed Innocent somewhat and clueless ? goldfish goldfish wave
Oct 20th 2013 new
(quote) Linda-982758 said: What do you mean by One strike your are out? Can you explain for me? Signed Innocent somewhat and clueless ?
scratchchin I don't get it either.
Oct 20th 2013 new
(quote) Claudine-882177 said: I think the proper perspective for online dating is to not take it too seriously. And I don't mean that regarding the people who are on the site--just the unnecessary pressure and expectations. It is certainly another avenue for meeting people and I personally know several married/engaged couples who met on various sites. I don't think online dating is ideal for my personality, but duc in altum, right?
Wise words!
Oct 20th 2013 new
Kristen
How could you put the most scary witch in your photo? What's next trying to match us up to the flying monkee? Let us know if some man contacts you and says "I"ll get you my pretty and your little dog too!
Oct 21st 2013 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said: Kristen
How could you put the most scary witch in your photo? What's next trying to match us up to the flying monkee? Let us know if some man contacts you and says "I"ll get you my pretty and your little dog too!
I think changing my profile photo to the wicked witch of the west has been my most successful photo yet! Definitely a personal best in the category of "most views in quick succession." Who knew that intense olive skin had such curb appeal? Kristin, I encourage you to try the flying monkee photo - I'll bet it's a winner too. Now if I could get the CM photo patrol to stop changing it to one of my original pics...
Oct 21st 2013 new
i think he (Jim) means that if you don't "look" good, it's strike one and at that point the profile won't even get a look at so strike two and three are automatic - that's an "out" ...or something like that?
Posts 21 - 30 of 49