Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 21st 2013 new
(quote) Claudine-882177 said: I think the proper perspective for online dating is to not take it too seriously. And I don't mean that regarding the people who are on the site--just the unnecessary pressure and expectations. It is certainly another avenue for meeting people and I personally know several married/engaged couples who met on various sites. I don't think online dating is ideal for my personality, but duc in altum, right?
So true, Claudine! I definitely think I've erred on the side of being too serious. Every time I get in a funk about anything in my life, it's because I've let everything become a big deal, and I forgot to laugh at myself. Hence, the immature pic tonight. It's time to laugh and have some FUN!!!!!!!!
Oct 21st 2013 new
Let's remember: God, like hope doesn't leave us ... We leave Him (or it).

Please watch; it's worth your time:

www.youtube.com

Oct 23rd 2013 new
I am taking this forum as evidence that there are actually real people on this site. Mostly women on this topic. The results show that there are about a dozen fellows within 3 hours of the major city where I live but so far no one has viewed my profile. Ouch!
I may have wasted my money on a site that cannot offer any matches for me. I was hoping that this site might have options to meet men with values. I guess Canadians are too shy.
Perhaps one day...
De

Oct 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Denver-696719 said: I am taking this forum as evidence that there are actually real people on this site. Mostly women on this topic. The results show that there are about a dozen fellows within 3 hours of the major city where I live but so far no one has viewed my profile. Ouch!
I may have wasted my money on a site that cannot offer any matches for me. I was hoping that this site might have options to meet men with values. I guess Canadians are too shy.
Perhaps one day...
De

biggrin wave Not true! There was a Gent from your Area who married a lady from my area and they have at least one child.His name is Hans.I forgot hers.Maybe it was Nancy.Donna the Moderater would remember.Yep ,it happened.I am a witness!
Oct 23rd 2013 new
Seems as if there needs to be an update of engagements and marriages to give encouragement! scratchchin
I joined in June ,after nothing doing on another Catholic site for two months ,and in July met the man I'm dating seriously. It's only been a good experience ,and I wish more single Catholics I know would join.
Oct 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Carmen-682730 said: God, like hope doesn't leave us ... We leave Him (or it).
Carmen, what do you mean by "it"?
Oct 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Joseph-903200 said: Well if nothing else at least we are all on here doing what we can to make ourselves visible to other people that are seeking sacramental marriage. All we can control is that we show interest in profiles and post in these forums and if we catch someone's eye than great. If it wasn't for this resource I'd be sitting on my hands wondering what is out there.
Joseph:

You have the right attitude. Online dating is a tool and nothing more. It doesn't fix people or make people more attractive it is just a tool to give people the opportunity to meet other they otherwise would not. Online dating is not magic, nor a miracle worker or a counselor. As a tool it will only work as good as the person using it. Yes tools can be improved and we are always trying to improve ours but at the end of the day a hammer is still a hammer but when used well and with the right practice and attitude it can build awesome things.
Oct 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Denver-696719 said: I am taking this forum as evidence that there are actually real people on this site. Mostly women on this topic. The results show that there are about a dozen fellows within 3 hours of the major city where I live but so far no one has viewed my profile. Ouch!
Perhaps one day...
De

yes................no views around here either
Oct 23rd 2013 new
Alysse,

I like the way you included some humor in you thread. Made me chuckle a bit.
Oct 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Clair-6292 said:

CM seems to be in the down cycle again. ----- and moan litters the rooms. 
Is there a down cycle and up cycle on CM? I have often wondered if there are seasons or months that bring in more new members - with special interest in my age group. I haven't been here long enough to know how this works. Clair, can you answer this?
Posts 31 - 40 of 49